ABC Wins Sunday by Double Digits, ‘Once Upon a Time’ is the #1 TV Show
via press note:
ABC won Sunday night by double-digit margins in Adults 18-49, outdelivering Fox by 16%, CBS by 38% and NBC 57%. The Net also ranked #1 on the night with Adults 25-54 and across all key Women demos.
- · Surging week to week by 16%, ABC equaled a 7-week high in the key young adult sales demo – since 3/11/12.
ABC’s America’s Funniest Home Videos led the 7 o’clock hour in Adults 18-49, besting Fox’s animated comedies by 8%, CBS’ 60 Minutes by 17% and NBC’s Dateline by 75%.
- · ABC’s AFHV generated its most-watched telecast in 2 months – since 3/4/12.
At 8pm, ABC freshman drama Once Upon a Time soared to the top of its hour in viewers and young adults, taking first-place in its time slot for its 8th straight first-run telecast in Adults 18-49. Dominating with young adults from 8-9pm, Once Upon a Time beat out the season’s penultimate episode of CBS’ Amazing Race XX by 32%, Fox’s animated comedies (The Simpsons/Bob’s Burgers) by 38% and more than tripled the delivery of NBC’s Harry’s Law (+222%). TV’s #1 new drama for the 2011-12 season, ABC’s Once Upon a Time stood as Sunday’s top-rated program for the 2nd week in a row with Adults 18-49.
- · Once Upon a Time boosted its hour for ABC year to year by 11% in Total Viewers and by 26% in Adults 18-49 over first-run programming on the year-ago night.
- · Once Upon a Time retained all of its week-ago “Fast Affiliate” Adult 18-49 number and equaled its biggest overall audience in 7 weeks – 3/11/12. The Disney-owned drama was up week to week with Women 18-49 (+3%), Women 18-34 (+3%), Teens 12-17 (+6%) and Kids 2-11 (+14%), matching its highest number with kids in 3 months – since 1/29/12.
On its first telecast in 4 weeks, ABC’s Desperate Housewives returned to win the 9 o’clock hour in Adults 18-49, towering over the season finale of CBS’ The Good Wife (+47%) and the opening hour of NBC’s Celebrity Apprentice (+47%).
During the 10 o’clock hour, ABC’s GCB took full control of its freshman drama competition, defeating CBS’ NYC 22 by 58% in Adults 18-49 and by 28% in Adults 25-54. In addition, the new ABC drama delivered the #1 position in the hour with Adults 18-34 and key Women (W18-34/W18-49).
- · After being pre-empted the prior week, GCB shot up over its last telecast by 1.3 million viewers and by 27% in Adults 18-49, marking its best results in 5 weeks – since 3/25/12.
- · GCB continued to improve its time period over last season, topped original drama programming (Brothers & Sisters) on the same night last year by 19% in Adults 18-49.