Click this link for the latest FOX renewal / cancellation information:
- FOX Predictions: 'Mulaney'? 'Red Band Society'? Which Ratings Turkeys Would You Save From The Cancellation Bear? (Poll)
Our Renew / Cancel Index predicts potential renewal or cancellation for scripted broadcast primetime shows by the end of the 2011-12 season in May, 2012. (includes results from January 2- April 29, 2012):
|Program||Status||Renew/ Cancel Index|
Recipe for being a "toss up" for renewal or cancellation:
- 1 part ratings that have fallen in all but one week of its run
- 1 part renewal, removing an hour from the 2012-13 schedule for 13 episodes
Mix and wait forplay to begin!
Those who'll jump to play the "Fox can't cancel all their rookie dramas" square, may wish to refresh their memory about what happened last season.
This is the last "regular" Fox Renew/Cancel Index post of the 2011-12 season. Next week Robert and I combine for our annual "Oddsmakers" final predictions for the season.
The Renew / Cancel Index above includes results beginning January 2, 2012. How did FOX's shows stack up based on their Fall results? Click here.
*shows no longer on the air have their Renew/Cancel Index "frozen" at the point they left the schedule.
- - certain to be cancelled by May, 2012
- :cry:- more likely to be cancelled than renewed by May, 2012
- - toss up between renewal or cancellation by May, 2012
- - more likely to be renewed than cancelled by May, 2012
- - certain to be renewed by May, 2012
The Renew/Cancel Index is the ratio of a scripted show's new episode adults 18-49 ratings relative to the new episode ratings of the other scripted shows on its own network. It's calculated by dividing a show's new episode Live+Same Day adults 18-49 averageby the Live+Same Day new episode average of all the new scripted show episodes on the show's own network. The network's average ratings in the calculation are not time weighted (ex. hour long shows are not weighted twice what 30 minute shows are).
(F) -Fridays: Shows airing on Fridays were renewed with significantly lower than average Indexes.
How would the Renew / Cancel Index Have Done Predicting Last Season's Scripted Show Fates? Check out how the Renew / Cancel Index predicted renewals and cancellations from the 2010-11 broadcast television season.