via press note:
With 2nd-most-watched TV network on Tuesday to CBS, leading NBC (with Results and The finale) by 2.2 million viewers and Fox by 4.1 million viewers. The Net also finished #2 on the evening with Adults 25-54., , DWTS Results Show and , ABC qualified as the
At 8pm against CBS’ top-rated Tuesday’s most-watched comedy, attracting 2.1 million more viewers than Fox’s -led in the 9pm half-hour., ABC’s drew a 12% larger audience than Fox’s and edged out NBC’s season closer of The 13. In fact, self-starter once again registered as
- · ABC’s best number in 2 months with teens – since 2/28/12. retained all of its audience from its last original two weeks ago and shot up 100% in Teens 12-17, equaling its
In the 8:30pm half-hour, ABC’s most-watched broadcast this season.increased its audience for the 2nd week in a row (+2%) to mark its
- · best-of-season lead-in retention for ABC coming out of Last Man Standing with Total Viewers (77%) and Adults 18-49 (93%). produced
Soaring over its lead-in at 9pm, ABC’s DWTS Results Show stood as the #2 most-watched show in its time period to CBS’: LA, topping its unscripted competition on NBC (Voice Results) by 4.5 million viewers. In addition, the broad-appealing ABC dancing results show ranked #1 with Women 25-54 and finished as the #2 broadcast program in its time slot with Kids 2-11. Actor Jaleel White was the sixth celebrity dancer to be eliminated from the dance competition this season.
- · Scoring 4-week highs, ABC’s DWTS Results Show was up week to week in Adults 18-34 (+8%) and Women 18-34 (+6%).
During the 10 o’clock hour against all-original competition, ABC’s ranked #1 for the 2nd week in a row, leading runner-up CBS’ by double digits in Adults 18-49 (+17%) and Adults 25-54 (+12%). Holding an impressive 91% of its Adult 18-49 lead-in, continued to generate ABC’s strongest retention this season out of DWTS Results Show.
- · Despite facing increased competition in the time period, retained nearly all of its week-ago numbers in Total Viewers (94%), Adults 18-34 (100%) and Adults 18-49 (95%).
- · Private Practice improved its time period year to year in Adults 18-49, topping original drama programming on the same night last year by 5%.