via press release:
Conference Semifinal Games Across NBC, NBC Sports Network & CNBC Average 1.32 Million Viewers, Up 28% vs. Last Year
Viewership Up 43% for Conference Semifinals on NBC Sports Network vs. 2011
Rangers-Capitals Game 7 Is Second Most-Watched NHL Game of 2012 Playoffs on Cable
Total Audience Up 23% for 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs vs. Last Year
NEW YORK – May 14, 2012 – The NBC Sports Group’s coverage of the first two rounds of the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs have averaged 1.06 million viewers, making the Conference Quarterfinals and Conference Semifinals the most-watched first two rounds on record (sine 1994, when cable program data started). On NBC, NBC Sports Network and CNBC, the 2012 Conference Semifinals averaged 1.32 million viewers, making them the most-watched Conference Semifinals on record. More than 39 million total viewers have watched the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs on NBC, NBC Sports Network and CNBC, up 23% vs. last year (32.2).
According to Fast National data released by The Nielsen Company, the 2012 Conference Semifinals:
• Averaged 1.29 million viewers on the NBC Sports Network, up 43% percent vs. last year and the best on record for a single cable network.
• Averaged 1.32 million viewers across NBC, the NBC Sports Network & CNBC, up 28% vs. last year and the best on record.
RANGERS – CAPITALS GAME 7
Saturday night’s Game 7 between the New York Rangers and Washington Capitals was watched by 1.68 million viewers on the NBC Sports Network, making it the second most-watched 2012 Conference Semifinal game on cable. Game 3 of the series, which was won by the Rangers in triple overtime, was watched by 1.85 million viewers, making it the most-watched Conference Semifinal game of 2012. The NBC Sports Network was the No. 1 network overall in both markets during.
• In New York, Rangers-Capitals Game 7 received a 4.8 HH, the highest local rating ever in the market for a NHL game on the NBC Sports Network. The telecast was up 129 % vs. 2008’s two-game average (2.07).
• In Washington, Rangers-Capitals Game 7 received a 7.67 HH rating, the second-highest local rating ever in the market for a NHL game on the NBC Sports Network. The telecast was up 19% vs. the market’s 2011 Semifinal average (6.45).
KINGS-COYOTES GAME 1
Last night’s Western Conference Final Game 1 between the Los Angeles Kings and Phoenix Coyotes delivered record ratings for both local markets. The NBC Sports Network was the highest-rated cable network in both local markets during the telecast of.
• In Los Angeles, Game 1 received a 2.14 HH rating, the highest local rating ever in the market for a NHL game on the NBC Sports Network.
• In Phoenix, Game 1 received a 5.56 HH rating, the highest local rating ever in the market for a NHL game on the NBC Sports Network.
Final national ratings will be available shortly.