via press note:
ABC earned second place to an Idol-fueled Fox on the final Thursday of the season in Adults 18-49, surging 14% week to week and hitting a 14-week high on the evening – since 2/9/12.
Building in its finale during the 8 o’clock hour, against the season’s final episode of Fox’s more than doubled the audience of NBC’s comedies (+124% over / finale) and tied among Adults 18-49. The new ABC drama also beat out the established NBC comedies with Adults 25-54 (+21%) and Women 18-49 (+23%).-Thurs, ABC’s Missing
- · ABC’s Missing rose week to week in viewers (+2%) and young adults (+18%), earning its best numbers in 3 weeks.
Tripling its lead-in at 9pm in Adults 18-49 (+200%), ABC’s season finale of ’s qualified as the highest-rated series in its hour for the 6th straight week and once again finished as Thursday’s #1 drama. Taking full control of the 9 o’clock hour, ABC’s ’s outdelivered CBS’ by 56%, Fox’s Idol-inflated by a best-ever 117% and NBC’s comedies by 200% ( / season finale). Additionally, ’s stood as Thursday’s #1 TV series with Adults 18-34, Women 18-49 (3rd straight week) and Women 18-34 (7th straight week).
- · Gaining for the 2nd consecutive week in viewers (+14%) and young adults (+11%), ABC’s biggest audience in over 4 months (19-week high) and its top Adult 18-49 number in more than 3 months (14-week high) – since 1/5/12 and 2/9/12, respectively. ’s drew its
- · up over its year-ago season finale in Total Viewers (+13%), Adults 18-49 (+8%), Adults 25-54 (+12%) and across all key Women demos: W18-34 (+7%), W18-49 (+11%) and W25-54 (+13%). In fact, it was the ABC drama’s 2nd straight telecast to post year-to-year gains. ’s was
During the 10pm hour, ABC’s freshman season finale of more than tripling the results for NBC’s Awake in Viewers (+257%), Adults 25-54 (+275%) and Adults 18-49 (+243%). Additionally, dominated The finale with Adults 18-34 (+21%) and finished #1 in its slot for the 7th consecutive week with Women 18-49.ran in a near-tie with CBS’ finale of The for first place in Adults 18-49 (pacing within 1-tenth of a point and tied in audience share), while beating The in Adults 18-34 and across all key Women (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54). Also in its time period, ABC’s continued to dominate its freshman drama competition,
- · Spiking in its finale over the prior week with Total Viewers (+17%), Adults 18-49 (+26%) and Adults 25-54 (+20%), ABC’s achieved new series highs.
- · The new drama attracted ABC’s largest audience in the time period since the beginning of January and its top Adult numbers (AD18-49/AD25-54) in 3 months – since 1/5/12 and 2/16/12, respectively