via press release:
"GRAVITY FALLS," A FRESH APPROACH TO COMEDIC STORYTELLING FROM ANIMATOR ALEX HIRSCH, FEATURINGOF JASON RITTER AND KRISTEN SCHAAL AS CITY KIDS SENT TO SPEND THE SUMMER IN A REMOTE AND QUIRKY TOWN, PREMIERES FRIDAY, JUNE 29 ON DISNEY CHANNEL
Gravity Falls is just west of weird, slightly east of eerie and always north of normal, in a fresh new comedy series that follows city kids and twins Dipper and Mabel Pines who are sent to spend the summer with their eccentric Great Uncle Stan (aka Grunkle Stan) who runs a tourist trap called The Mystery Shack in a remote northwestern town where nothing is what it seems. There are creatures in the forest, there are monsters in the lake and even time traveling adventures. The comedy, produced by Disney Television Animation, has a special preview FRIDAY, JUNE 15 (9:55 p.m., ET/PT) and premieres FRIDAY, JUNE 29 (9:30 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel.
(Editors please note: Images are available at www.disneychannelmedianet.com. Registration required).
Created and executive-produced by 2007 CalArts graduate Alex Hirsch ("," "The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack") and inspired by his real life adventures with his twin sister, "Gravity Falls" features talents of Jason Ritter (" ") and Kristen Schaal ("Toy Story 3," " ") in the lead roles. The cast also includes Linda Cardellini ("Freaks and Geeks") and Alex Hirsch, and guest stars including Jennifer Coolidge, Will Forte, Alfred Molina, Lance Bass, Coolio and Larry King.
The schedule is as follows:
Friday, May 25
- Viewers are invited to enter the elusive world of Gravity Falls at DisneyChannel.com and play "Mystery Shack Mystery" in which Dipper and Mable must collect objects to solve puzzles, and customize postcards with various backgrounds, objects and fun messages in the activity, "Postcard Creator."
Friday, June 15
- A full episode preview of "Gravity Falls" follows the premiere of "Let It Shine" (9:55 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel. In the premiere episode, "Tourist Trapped," Dipper and Mabel arrive to spend the summer in Gravity Falls and soon discover that something is amiss with the remote town.
- "Tourist Trapped" will be available on iTunes.
Friday, June 22
- "Gravity Falls" series premiere available on Disney Channel SVOD.
Friday, June 29
- "Tourist Trapped" encores on Disney Channel (9:00 p.m., ET/PT) and will be available immediately after on DisneyChannel.com. A new episode, "The Legend of the Gobblewonker," follows on Disney Channel in its regular timeslot (9:30 p.m., ET/PT). In the episode, the twins embark on a mission to prove that a legendary sea monster exists at the bottom of the local lake.
- Viewers can take a speed ride through Gravity Falls in the new game, "Mystery Tour Ride" featured on DisneyChannel.com.
Saturday, June 30
- A new episode "Headhunters" premieres on Disney Channel (9:25 p.m., ET/PT). Larry King and Coolio guest star in a classic "whodunit'" episode filled with life-sized doppelganger wax figurines.
- Series launches on Disney Channel On Demand, Mobile VOD, Microsoft Xbox and Sony Playstation.
Sunday, July 1
- Encores of “Tourist Trapped,” “The Legend of the Gobblewonker” and “Headhunters” air on Disney Channel (beginning at 9:00 p.m., ET/PT).
Disney Channel is a 24-hour kid-driven, family inclusive television network that taps into the world of kids and families through original series and movies. Currently available on basic cable in over 99 million U.S. homes and to millions of other viewers on Disney Channels around the world, Disney Channel is part of the Disney/ABC Television Group.