via press release:
Cartoon Networks' ANNOYING ORANGE Premieres as Television's #1 Telecast of the Day Among Boys 6-11;
#1 Telecast in its Time Period Among Kids 6-11, 2-11 & 9-14, Plus All Boys
- Annoying Orange increased ratings & delivery by double digits--ranging between 22% and 57%--across all key kid and boy demos compared to the prior week and prior 4 weeks.
- Annoying Orange out-performed all competition in its time period: among kids 2-11 (between 5% - 1275%); among kids 6-11 (between 2% - 1195%); among kids 9-14 (between 31% - 900%); among boys 2-11 (between 112% - 1478%); among boys 6-11 (between 125% - 1700%); and among boys 9-14 (between 186% - 1735%).
- The Annoying Orange premiere (Tuesday, 8:30 p.m.) built upon its premiere lead-in among kids/boys 6-11.
- SYNOPSIS: Boasting more than 1 billion YouTube views to date, Annoying Orange is the Web sensation transformed into a new television series that follows Orange and his buddies as they a wide range of adventures taking them from the fruit stand to parts unknown and everything in between. From the Prehistoric Era to Colonial Times, Orange and the rest of the fruit stand gang are dropped into outrageous adventures and challenged to squeeze their way out of them. Joining Orange on his escapades are popular produce pals from the web series including the level-headed Pear, potential paramour Passion Fruit, resident goody goody Apple, the always upbeat Marshmallow and Orange’s nemesis the hulking Grapefruit. The only human to interact with this veritable fruit salad, and is a brand new character, Nerville (played by You Tube sensation Toby Turner), the proprietor of fruit cart where Orange and his crew “reside.”
- Annoying Orange features guest voices by Michael Clarke Duncan, Jeffrey Tambor, Tim Curry, Tony Hawk, Malcolm McDowell, Billy Dee Williams, Leah Remini, Tom Kenny, John DiMaggio, Nick Swordson, Danny Trejo and Felicia Day.
- Developed and produced by leading entertainment management and production company The Collective, Dane Boedigheimer (the creator of the Annoying Orange Web series) co-created the television series with Tom Sheppard (Emmy Award-winning writer for Pinky and the Brain). Conrad Vernon (director of Madagascar 3 and Monsters vs. Aliens) serves as executive producer along with Gary Binkow and Dan Weinstein of The Collective.