via press release:
LIFETIME CONTINUES TO POST GROWTH AMONG KEY DEMOS
IN SECOND QUARTER 2012 VERSUS 2011
Quarter Marks Network’s Strongest 2Q Growth among Women 18-49 in a Decade;
Median Age for Quarter is Lifetime’s Youngest in 12 Years
LOS ANGELES, CA (June 26, 2012) – Lifetime continued to post growth among key demos in Second Quarter 2012 versus Second Quarter 2011, posting a 13% jump among Women 18-49, +5% among Adults 18-49 and +1% in Women 25-54. Additionally, among Women 18-49 Lifetime marked the network’s strongest 2Q growth in 10 years (2Q’02, +17%). The network’s primetime median age of 48 is also Lifetime’s youngest for 2Q in 12 years (2Q’00).
The network’s growth is a result of its aggressive programming strategy of original dramas, reality and movies. Lifetime was the Second Quarter’s number one ad-supported cable network for original movies among Total Viewers, Adults 25-54, Women 25-54, Adults 18-49, Women 18-49, Women 2+, Adults 18+ and Women 18+ (excluding miniseries).
Year-to-date, Lifetime has seen 16% growth among Women 18-49 versus the first half of 2011, the largest jump in the demo in 10 years (2002); +10% in Adults 18-49 (the largest in seven years, 2005); +6% in Women 25-54 (10 years, 2002); and +3% in Adults 25-54 (seven years, 2005). Year-to-date program highlights include:
- Season 6-to date has propelled Lifetime to be the number one cable network in its premiere time period among Women 2+ and Women 18+.
- The Client List, starring Jennifer Love Hewitt, delivered Lifetime’s strongest freshman season for an original series since
(2009) among Total Viewers, Adults 25-54 and Women 25-54.
- Among Adults 18-49 and Women 18-49, The Client List was Lifetime’s best freshman season since premiered in 2007.
- The Client List propelled Lifetime to be number one in the Sunday 10pm hour among Women 18+.
- In its premiere weeks,
Season 2-to date is the number one cable series in the Tuesday 9pm time period among Women 18-49. Season 2 is over-delivering season 1 by +77% with Adults 18-49, +79% Women 18-49, +65% with Adults 25-54 and +66% with Women 25-54.
- is Lifetime’s youngest skewing current series with a Season 2-to date median age of 32 years old, five years younger than Season 1.
- Season 4-to date has lifted Lifetime to be the number one ad-supported cable network in the Sunday 9pm time period among Women 25-54, Women 18+ and Women 2+.
- America’s has improved the Friday 9pm time period by +46% with Total Viewers, +53% with Adults 25-54 and +29% with Women 25-54.
Lifetime Television is committed to offering the highest quality entertainment and information programming, and advocating a wide range of issues affecting women and their families. Lifetime Television®, LMN®, Lifetime Real Women® and Lifetime Digital™ are part of Lifetime Entertainment Services, LLC, a subsidiary of A+E Networks. A+E Networks is a joint venture of the Disney-ABC Television Group, Hearst Corporation and NBC Universal.