ABC News to Provide Team Coverage of Supreme Court Ruling on Health Care Across All Platforms Throughout the Day
via press release:
“After the Ruling: Health Care in America”
ABC News to Provide the Whole Picture for Viewers as the Supreme Court
Delivers a Historic Ruling on Health Care in the United States
ABC News Will Provide Team Coverage Across All Platforms Throughout the Day
On Thursday, June 28, ABC News will have comprehensive team coverage of the Supreme Court’s historic ruling on President Obama’s signature piece of legislation, the Affordable Care Act:
- “Nightline” anchor Terry Moran, who covers the Supreme Court, will break down the meaning behind the decision, as well the impact the historic ruling will have on America’s perception of the country’s highest court.
- Chief political correspondent George Stephanopoulos and senior White House correspondent Jake Tapper will report on the potential political impact the ruling will have the President’s bid for re-election – will this be a tipping point in the race for the White House?
- ABC News chief health and medical editor Dr. Richard Besser will discuss how the ruling will affect American families and their access to medical care.
- “World News” weekend anchor David Muir will be in Los Angeles to get real-time reaction from families, doctors and business owners affected by the ruling.
The ABC team will provide in-depth reporting about what the decision means for the modern American family throughout the day:
- When the Supreme Court delivers its decision, ABC News will air a special report to the ABC Television Network anchored by Diane Sawyer and George Stephanopoulos. ABC News will stream an extended special report online at ABCNews.com with additional insight and analysis.
- ABC’s team of reporters will be live-blogging throughout the day beginning at 8:00 a.m./ET and will be using the hashtag #HealthCareABC on Twitter.
- ABC News Digital will publish a special series of videos throughout the day to cover “After the Ruling: Health Care in America.” George Stephanopoulos will also host a special edition of “George’s Bottom Line” for the Power Players series on Yahoo! News. In addition, ABCNews.com will produce a series of videos from Dr. Besser, Terry Moran and Jake Tapper with analysis on the medical, legal and political fallout from the Court’s decision.
- Coverage will continue Thursday evening on the ABC Television Network with special editions of “World News with Diane Sawyer” at 6:30 p.m./ET and “Nightline,” America’s No. 1 show in late-night, at 11:35 p.m./ET.
- ABC News Radio will provide live anchored coverage of the Supreme Court’s health care ruling on Thursday beginning at 10:06 a.m./ET. ABC News Radio Correspondent Aaron Katersky will anchor coverage with ABC News Radio Correspondent Vic Ratner reporting from the Supreme Court, and ABC News Radio Correspondent Ann Compton from the White House, as well as ABC News Radio Correspondent Steven Portnoy reporting from Washington.
- ABC NewsOne, the network’s affiliate news service, will have correspondents Tahman Bradley and Karen Travers reporting live from the Supreme Court all day Thursday.
A new ABC News/Washington Post poll, released Wednesday, June 27, shows that while Americans are dissatisfied with the law intended to improve the health care system, they are equally unhappy with the status quo – suggesting that the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision on that law will by no means end the country’s sharp political debate over health care policy as families still search for solutions.