via press release:
Cartoon Network Debuts First-Ever Adventure Time "Comic-Con Quest" at Comic-Con International 2012
Directed by Exclusive Map, Fans to Travel Throughout San Diego Convention Center on Epic Quest to Spot Awesome Adventure Time Products!
Cartoon Network Enterprises, the group charged with creating and merchandising licensed products for the network's stable of brands, today announced a first-of-its kind challenge for all Adventure Time-loving Comic-Con attendees: complete the Adventure Time "Comic-Con Quest" and be named a victor! Fans of best friends Finn the Human and Jake the Dog who walk the show floor at this year's annual event will be rewarded for traveling throughout the show floor to check out the plethora of Adventure Time product featured there, thanks to this program for the brand that has fanboys and fangirls of all ages shouting "slamacow!"
To participate in the Adventure Time "Comic-Con Quest," fans must visit the Cartoon Network booth (#3735) to pick up a custom map that will outline their journey. From there, they must visit every stop on the map, which include all of the network's participating partners showcasing Adventure Time products at their booths, to collect a custom stamp signifying they were there. Once all 10 stamps are collected, fans will return to the Cartoon Network booth where they will be rewarded with an exclusive, custom award fit for a victor.
The partners participating in this year's Adventure Time "Comic-Con Quest" include:
· Abrams (Booth #1216/1218) will have a righteous new calendar for 2013 available for sale at the show!
· BOOM! Studios (Booth #2743) will feature its line of Adventure Time comic books with a Pen Ward exclusive issue #1 cover - not to mention the debut issue of the Marceline and the Scream Queens spinoff comic - along with an ultra-exclusive limited-edition, handmade mini-comic from Jon Chad!
· Hallmark (Booth #2913H) gives fans a first look at its Adventure Time greeting cards and an all-new Keepsake Ornament coming in 2013!
· Jazwares (Booth #2343 via Entertainment Earth) will feature a Comic-Con exclusive FINN AND FIONNA 2-pack that is a must have addition to the Adventure Time toyline!
· Mighty Fine (Booth #517) continues to offer up fan-favorite t-shirts based on the series, with an exclusive Comic-Con design featuring Finn and BMO!
· MIMOCO (Booth #4936) will launch its line of designer USB drives with the Finn, Jake and Princess Bubblegum MIMOBOTS available in a range of sizes - plus a limited-edition FIONNA Mimobot that is exclusive to Comic-Con attendees.
· Mondo (Booth #437) adds to its line of super-exclusive and top-quality posters for Adventure Time with five posters available, including exclusive Comic-Con posters from Mike Mitchell and Olly Moss, as well as 8-bit designs from Delicious Design League!
· Penguin (Booth #1134) brings an Adventure Time twist to the world's greatest word game MAD LIBS(R) and other books debuting in limited release this summer, with more to come in fall!
· Poketo (Booth #4634), a new partner for the brand, will debut a line of wallets based on Adventure Time, including a wallet designed by Pendleton Ward himself!
· Toddland (Booth #3449), also new to the Adventure Time partner roster, will make a splash with a new line of apparel and accessories - including a very limited edition sweater designed by Pendleton Ward!
Limited quantities of the exclusive maps and rewards are available, so be sure to stop by the Cartoon Network booth early to pick one up. Also, on Saturday, July 14 at 11:15 a.m. Cartoon Network will feature series creator Pendleton Ward (Lumpy Space Princess), Jeremy Shada (Finn), Tom Kenny (Ice King) and others in an hour-long Adventure Time panel in Room 6A. There fans can experience the all out good time that is Cartoon Network's Adventure Time with singing, live readings, lots of exclusive clips and other mathematical surprises! Fans should also be sure to check out the Adventure Time: Keyper Seeker experience and fan art exhibition at The New Children's Museum of San Diego which is open to the public and located directly across from the Convention Center.
From the mind of creator Pendleton Ward, the Adventure Time television series is an original animated comedy from Cartoon Network that follows the everyday adventures of unlikely heroes Finn the Human and his best friend, shape-shifting dog Jake, as they travel across the Land of Ooo and encounter its unique inhabitants. Whether it's saving Princess Bubblegum, defeating zombie candy, mocking the "oxy-moronic" Ice King, or rocking out with undead music wiz Marceline the Vampire Queen, with Finn & Jake it's always Adventure Time.
About Cartoon Network Enterprises:
Cartoon Network Enterprises (CNE) is responsible for building consumer products and merchandising programs for a wide range of brands by securing and supporting long-term licensing partnerships across all categories. As the global branding and merchandising arm of Cartoon Network and Adult Swim, the division manages the consumer product programs for the networks' award-winning original programming, brands and characters including Ben 10, Generator Rex, Chowder, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Adventure Time, Adult Swim and more. CNE also serves as the exclusive global licensing agent for the full portfolio of brands from Spin Master Ltd., as well as Nelvana Enterprises and Spin Master for the award-winning Bakugan brand and the PGA of America for the youth marketplace.
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com) is the #1 U.S. television network among boys 6-11. Currently seen in 99 million U.S. homes and 168 countries around the world, Cartoon Network is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.'s ad-supported cable service now available in HD offering the best in original, acquired and classic entertainment for kids and families. In addition to Emmy-winning original programming and industry-leading digital apps and online games, Cartoon Network embraces key social issues affecting families with solution-oriented initiatives such as Stop Bullying: Speak Up and the Move It Movement.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.