via press release:
TNT's The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles were basic cable's most-watched series last week, while Falling Skies took the series title among adults 25-54 and ranked as basic cable's #1 scripted program among adults 18-49. Overall, TNT ranked as basic cable's #1 network for the week in total day delivery of adults 25-54.
TNT is currently home to basic cable's Top 4 scripted summer series among total viewers – #1) The Closer, #2) Rizzoli & Isles, #3) Perception and #4) Dallas. Among key demos, TNT's hit sci-fi drama Falling Skies ranks as the summer's top drama on basic cable with adults 18-49 and adults 25-54. In addition, Perception is cable’s #1 new series for the year-to-date among total viewers, while Dallas is cable’s top new drama with adults 18-49 and adults 25-54.
With its original series continuing to turn in strong performances, TNT's summer primetime averages are up 5% among total viewers, 4% among adults 18-49 and 4% among adults 25-54, compared to summer 2011.
- TNT's blockbuster drama The Closer ranked as basic cable's #1 program for the week, with 5.8 million viewers in Live + Same Day delivery. The episode also garnered 1.3 million adults 18-49 and 1.6 million adults 25-54. The Closer, which ranks as cable's #1 series this summer, will finish its seven-season run with next Monday's series finale.
- TNT's new hit series Perception delivered 3.7 million viewers in Live + Same Day, with 1 million adults 18-49 and 1.2 million adults 25-54. Perception currently ranks as cable's #1 new series for the year-to-date among total viewers and comes in second behind Dallas among the year’s top new dramas with adults 25-54.
- TNT ranked as cable's #1 network in Tuesday primetime on the strength last week, led by Rizzoli & Isles, which drew more than 4.4 million viewers. Among key adult demos, Rizzoli & Isles garnered 1.1 million adults 18-49 and 1.4 million adults 25-54.
- Franklin & Bash brought in 2.2 million viewers Tuesday night, with 798,000 adults 18-49 and 915,000 adults 25-54.
- TNT’s Dallas delivered 3.2 million viewers in Live + Same Day, ranking as cable’s #1 Wednesday night program with total viewers and adults 25-54. The show scored solid growth among key demos compared to the prior week’s episode, with adults 18-49 up 8% to 1 million and adults 25-54 up 9% to 1.3 million. Dallas, which will close out its first season tomorrow night at 9 p.m. (ET/PT), currently reigns as cable’s #1 new drama of 2012-to-date with adults 18-49 and adults 25-54.
- TNT ranked as basic cable's #1 network on Sunday night among adults 18-49 and adults 25-54, propelled by its slate of action-packed originals.
- Hit caper series Leverage got the night started with 2.6 million viewers in Live + Same Day. The show garnered growth among key demos compared to the prior new episode, with adults 18-49 up 5% to 942,000 and adults 25-54 up 4% to 1.2 million.
- TNT's epic drama Falling Skies drew more than 3.3 million viewers. Falling Skies not only ranked as basic cable's top scripted series for the week among key adult demos but also scored growth over its previous new episode, with adults 18-49 up 10% to 1.7 million and adults 25-54 up 2% to 1.9 million. In its second season, Falling Skies ranks as basic cable's #1 summer drama among adults 18-49 and adults 25-54.
- TNT's reality-competition series The Great Escape closed out the night with more than 1 million viewers in Live + Same Day. Like TNT's other Sunday night originals, The Great Escape grew its demo delivery compared to the previous new episode, with adults 18-49 up 12% to 618,000 and adults 25-54 up 6% to 649,000.
Live + 7:
TNT's original series continue to build significantly on their deliveries through time-shifted viewing. The following are the final Live + 7 figures for episodes airing the week of July 16:
- The Closer (July 16): 8.8 million viewers; 2.0 million adults 18-39; 2.7 million adults 25-54
- Perception (July 16): 7.2 million viewers; 1.9 million adults 18-49; 2.5 million adults 25-54.
- Rizzoli & Isles(July 17): 8.3 million viewers; 2.3 million adults 18-49; 2.9 million adults 25-54
- Franklin & Bash(July 17): 4.1 million viewers; 1.7 million adults 18-49; 1.8 million adults 25-54
- Dallas (July 18): 5.2 million viewers; 1.9 million adults 18-49; 2.3 million adults 25-54
- Leverage (July 22): 3.9 million viewers; 1.5 million adults 18-49; 1.8 million adults 25-54.
- Falling Skies(July 22): 5.3 million viewers; 2.6 million adults 18-49; 2.9 million adults 25-54
- The Great Escape (July 22): 1.5 million viewers; 798,000 adults 18-49; 858,000 adults 25-54
Adult Swim once again ranked as basic cable’s #1 network for Total Day Delivery of young adults 18-34, 18-49 and 18-24 as well as men 18-34, 18-49 & 18-24. Adult Swim also ranked #2 in Prime Time delivery of adults 18-34 among basic cable networks, behind only USA.
Among Adult Swim’s original programming, premiere episodes of Black Dynamite (Sunday, 11:30 p.m.) and Aqua Something You Know Whatever (Sunday, 12 a.m.) both ranked #1 in their respective time periods among adults 18-34, 18-49 & 18-24, as well as men 18-34, 18-49 & 18-24. A premiere episode of Squidbillies (Sunday, 12:15 a.m.) also ranked #1 in its time period among adults 18-24 and men 18-34, 18-49 & 18-24. Delivery of all male demos grew across both Aqua Something You Know Whatever and Squidbillies, ranging between 3% and 39%.
Adult Swim programming—including Family Guy, American Dad, Robot Chicken, Black Dynamite and Squidbillies—accounted for 30 of the top 50 telecasts of the week on basic cable among adults 18-34.
Continuing its summer streak, Cartoon Network again ranked as basic cable’s #1 network for Total Day & Early Prime (7-9 p.m.) delivery of boys 2-11, 6-11 & 9-14. Early Evening delivery grew across all kid demos—kids 2-11 by 1%, kids 6-11 by 1% and kids 9-14 by 22%—vs. the same time period last year. Total Day delivery also grew among kids 9-14 by 15% vs. last year.
Cartoon Network’s ratings powerhouse Adventure Time (Monday, 7:30 p.m.) ranked as the #1 telecast of the week among all boys 2-11, 6-11 & 9-14 on basic cable, and the #1 telecast of the day among boys on all television and among kids 2-11 & 9-14 on basic cable.
Tuesday night’s presentation of Total Drama: Revenge of the Island (7:30 p.m.) scored as the #1 telecast in its time period among all kids 2-11, 6-11 & 9-11 and all boys, and the #1 telecast of the day among boys 6-11 on basic cable.
Saturday morning’s (6:30–11 a.m.) presentation of action-adventure programming—including Ninjago (9:30 a.m.), The Green Lantern (10 a.m.) and Young Justice (10:30 a.m.)—earned solid delivery gains across all kids and boys demos, ranging between 2% and 24%.
TBS’s original sitcom Sullivan & Son drew 1.8 million viewers in Live + Same Day delivery on Thursday, with 354,000 adults 18-34 and 934,000 adults 18-49. Meanwhile according to the latest time-shifted viewing data, Sullivan & Son’s two-episode debut on July 19 garnered a final Live + 7 tally of 2.8 million viewers, with 732,000 adults 18-34 and 1.5 million adults 18-49.
New episodes of TBS's hit Tyler Perry series highlighted the Friday night lineup. Tyler Perry's House of Payne led off the night with more than 1.2 million viewers for the 9 p.m. hour, while Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse climbed to 1.7 million viewers in the 10 p.m. hour.
Despite heavy competition last week, TBS's CONAN was up 8% among total viewers compared to the same week a year ago. For the week, CONAN averaged 767,000 viewers in Live + Same Day, with 181,000 adults 18-34 and 451,000 adults 18-49.
In one of its best weekly showings ever, truTV ranked as one of basic cable's Top 5 networks in delivery of men 18-49 and as one of the Top 10 networks for the week among total viewers and adults 18-49.
truTV enjoyed solid growth compared to the same week last year, with total viewers, adults 18-34 and adults 18-49 each up 8% and men 18-34 up 12%.
truTV's breakout hit Lizard Lick Towing (Monday 10 p.m.) turned in an exceptional performance last week, drawing a total of 2.4 million viewers. Lizard Lick Towing scored competitive victories among truTV's target demos, with the episode ranking as basic cable's #1 entertainment program in the timeslot with adults 18-49, men 18-34 and men 18-49. It was also one of basic cable's Top 15 programs for the week among adults 18-49. Compared to the same night last year, Lizard Lick Towing brought triple-digit growth to its timeslot among key adult and male demos, as well as among total viewers. The episode also scored a median age of 38, six years younger than truTV's performance in the same timeslot last year.
Tuesday night's episode of Hardcore Pawn (Tuesday 9 p.m.) brought in 2.7 million viewers in Live + Same Day, which is +5% ahead of the show's July 10 season premiere. Hardcore Pawn was especially strong among truTV's targeted adult and male demos, ranking as ad-supported cable's #1 program in its timeslot with adults 18-49 (1.2 million), as well as with men 18-49 (678,000). The show also delivered exceptional time-period growth. Compared to the same date/time last year, the show's deliveries were up by +43% among total viewers, +19% among adults 18-49 and +7% among men 18-49.
On Wednesday night, truTV's long-running hit Operation Repo unspoiled two new episdodes, with 1.3 million viewers at 9 p.m. and 1.6 million viewers at 9:30 p.m. The second episode ranked as basic cable's #1 program in the timeslot with adults 18-34 and men 18-34, while also scoring a Top 5 ranking among adults 18-49 and men 18-49.
Storage Hunters (Sunday 10 p.m.) chalked up 1.5 million viewers and ranked as one of basic cable's Top 5 programs in the timeslot with men 18-34 and men 18-49. The episode also scored double-digit growth compared to the same time period a year ago.