via press release:
With One Week to Go in Summer, Disney Channel Slated for Historic Total Day Win, Ranking #1 in Total Viewers and Kids 2-11;
7th Straight Summer at #1 in Tweens and 4th Summer in Kids 6-11
Heads into Final Week of Summer on 11-Week Win Streak in Total Viewers
and Kids 2-11; Streak Reaches 62 Straight Weeks in Kids 6-11 and Tweens
“: Made in Japan” Event and “Gravity Falls” Are the
Week’s Top 2 TV Telecasts in Kids 2-11, Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14
Disney Channel: Total Day and Prime Highlights
Disney Channel heads into the final week of Summer 2012 tracking for a momentous ranking as the #1 cable TV network in Total Day in Total Viewers (1.96 million) -- with its current lead over Nickelodeon a sizeable 12% (vs. 1.75 million) -- and in target demographics will rank as the #1 TV network for the first summer ever in Kids 2-11 (1.23 million/2.7), for the 4th consecutive summer in Kids 6-11 (810,000/3.3 rating) and for the 7th consecutive summer in Tweens 9-14 (680,000/2.8 rating).
For the week of August 13, 2012, Disney Channel further solidified its historic summer win, blazing into the final week of Summer 2012 as the #1 cable TV network on a Total Day basis for the 11th consecutive week in Total Viewers (1.96 million), as the #1 TV network for the 11th straight week in Kids 2-11 (1.15 million/2.8 rating), and increased its record-setting streak as TV’s #1 network to 62 consecutive weeks in Kids 6-11 (839,000/3.4 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (698,000/2.9 rating).
- Versus runner up Nickelodeon, Disney Channel held a double-digit percent advantage for the41st consecutive week inKids 6-11 (36% – 839,000 vs. 618,000), for the 43rd straight week in Tweens 9-14 (46% – 698,000 vs. 477,000) and for the 10th week in a row in Kids 2-11 (19% – 1.15 million vs. 968,000).
- In Prime, Disney Channel was the #1 cable TV network for over 7 years in Kids 6-11 (1.26 million/5.1 rating – 378 weeks), and over 2 consecutive years in Tweens 9-14 (1.06 million/4.4 rating – 113 weeks).
- Disney Channel delivered the week’s Top 2 TV Telecasts in Kids 2-11:
- Disney Channel held the week’s Top 5 TV Telecasts in Kids 6-11:
- Disney Channel aired the week’s Top 5 TV Telecasts in Tweens 9-14:
[Source: NTI, U.S. ratings. Week of 8/13/12-8/19/12: Live + Same Day. Summer 2012 to date: 5/28/12 – 8/19/12, most current. Competitive rank streaks include ties based on rating.]