via press release:
The Weather Channel is #1-Rated Cable Network Tuesday Morning, Aug. 28
Consumers Turn to The Leading Weather Authority on All Screens for Hurricane Isaac Coverage
ATLANTA (August 29, 2012) – The Weather Channel (TWC) was the #1 rated cable network among P25-54 on Tuesday morning, Aug. 28 (6a-9a), outperforming Disney, TNT, USA and FOXNC. In addition, Tuesday prime time (8-11pm) had a larger audience than CNN, MSNBC and HLN combined. It is clear from yesterday’s ratings that viewers rely on TWC in times of severe weather.**
Both TWC’s network viewership and digital usage has seen significant increases during severe weather event coverage of Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac.
· TWC was the #1 rated cable network among P25-54 on Tuesday morning (6a-9a), outperforming Disney, TNT, USA andFOXNC.
· During Tuesday prime time (8-11pm), TWC had a larger audience than CNN, MSNBC and HLN combined with a 843.
· Isaac’s approach and landfall on Tuesday brought a total day average of 464 among P25-54, beating Sunday’s performance on the network (386).
· TWC’s top quarter hour on Tuesday was at 9:30 pm, with a delivery of 941.
· Engagement within weather.com’s news section has hit a record for PVs/UV at 9.3.
· weather.com’s Isaac slideshow has captured more than 9MM PVs and still climbing.
· For a sixth day in a row, video streams on weather.com were more than 5MM, with streams yesterday (8/28) topping 10.4MM, and today (8/29) already more than 7MM streams.
· The live stream of our network coverage on weather.com started Tuesday night as Isaac was making landfall and is at 300K streams to date.
· Overall traffic to weather.com continues to be strong with Tuesday’s PVS at 64MM (w/refresh) and the site is pacing to top that today.
· iPhone continues to be well trafficked with 32MM PVs – up 9% from past 30 day average.
· iPhone app downloads are up 50%.
· iPad did 7.5MM PVs (+11%) and Android delivered 18MM PVs (+3%) - both increased over the past 30 days.
· Mobile video on apps continues to be a strong performer with iPhone up 217% and Android up 197%.