OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network Scores Seventh Consecutive Month of Year-Over-Year Primetime Growth
via press release:
OWN: OPRAH WINFREY NETWORK SCORES SEVENTH CONSECUTIVE MONTH OF YEAR-OVER-YEAR PRIMETIME GROWTH
August Ratings Post Double Digit Gains Across All Key Demos Versus Year Ago in Primetime and Total Day
Los Angeles – OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network has posted double digit ratings gains for the month of August across all key demos in both primetime (+39% W25-54; +32% total viewers) and total day (+45% W25-54; +54% total viewers) versus year ago numbers marking the network’s seventh consecutive month of year-over-year growth in primetime and total day.
Key August highlights include:
- “Oprah’s Next Chapter” scored strong numbers with August episodes with singer Rihanna, Olympic gymnast Gabrielle Douglas and actor Kelsey Grammer:
- Rihanna (August 19 at 9 p.m.): 2.43 W25-54; 2.5 million total viewers (#1 in time period among all broadcast and ad-supported cable W25-54)
- Gabrielle Douglas (August 26 at 8:30 p.m.): 1.08 W25-54 and 931,000 total viewers
- Kelsey Grammer (August 26 at 9 p.m.): 1.05 W25-54 and 868,000 total viewers
- “Our America with Lisa Ling” ended its summer season on a high note – its 9 p.m. airing on August 21, which was a follow-up on the controversial “Pray the Gay Away?” episode, hit a season high .52 W25-54 and 388,000 total viewers (up triple digits vs. year ago numbers; +127% W25-54 and +175 in total viewers)
The week of August 20th marked OWN’s 32nd consecutive week of total day growth year over year among W25-54 (+64% W25-54). The network is on track to deliver its third consecutive quarter of year over year growth, with 3Q-to-date posting growth in both primetime (+35% W25-54, +39% total viewers) and total day (+60% W25-54, +61% total viewers) versus year ago.
Year-to-date, OWN remains up double digits in both primetime and total day, with primetime posting +15% W25-54 and +16% in total viewers, and total day posting +36% W25-54 and +33% total viewers versus year ago numbers.
Source: The Nielsen Company
OWN ratings are coverage ratings.