via press release:
For the complete 2011-12 TV season, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live grew its overall audience for the 3rd consecutive year (+3%), generating its most-watched season ever. JKL stood as the only late-night broadcast talk show to build over its prior season in Total Viewers, as NBC’s The with Jay Leno (-5%), Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (-2%) and with Carson Daly (-4%) and CBS’ The with David Letterman (-11%) and Late with Craig Ferguson (-13%) were all down.
- ABC’s JKL (M-F 12am) outperformed CBS’ Ferguson (M-F 12:35am) during the season by double-digit percentages in both Total Viewers (+21%) and Adults 18-49 (+16%).
- JKL scored its most competitive finish ever with NBC’s and CBS’ The during the season among Adults 18-49, trailing just 414k young adult viewers behind the NBC program and 301k behind the CBS program.
During the 3rd Quarter 2012, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live improved over the year-ago 3rd quarter by 2% in Total Viewers to turn in its most-watched 3Q in 6 years (since 2006) and its 2nd-most-watched 3Q ever. Growing its overall audience year over year for the 10th quarter in a row, JKL was the only broadcast talk show in late-night to post yearly gains among Total Viewers.
- ABC’s JKL topped CBS’ Ferguson for the 6th straight quarter in Total Viewers (+35%) and for the 10th consecutive quarter in Adults 18-49 (+32%). Further, JKL outdelivered Ferguson in each of the 13 weeks of the quarter in both viewers and young adults.
- With only 130,000 Adult 18-49 viewers separating ABC’s JKL and CBS’ Letterman during the quarter, the ABC late-night program delivered its closest demo performance ever with the CBS program.
During the final week of the 2011-12 TV season (week of September 17), ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live was up for the 3rd week in a row in both Total Viewers (+6%) and Adults 18-49 (+13%) to deliver its best performance in 3 months – since the week of 6/18/12. JKL was also up over the final week of the 2010-11 season (w/o 9/12/11) by 13% in viewers and by 7% in young adults, standing as the only late-night broadcast talk show to grow over the year-ago week.
- ABC’s JKL beat NBC’s Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (M-F 12:35am) by 14% in Total Viewers and by 12% in Adults 18-49, drawing a larger overall audience than the NBC late-night program in 4 of the 5 days of the week. In fact, on Thursday and Friday, repeat telecasts of JKL outperformed originals of Fallon by double-digit margins among young adults (Thursday: +21%, Friday: +10%).
· ABC’s JKL towered over CBS’ The Late all but one week of the season. JKL also beat Ferguson by 41% in Adults 18-49, representing its 28th consecutive win over the CBS program. The ABC late-night program held double-digit advantages over Ferguson on 4 of 5 days of the week (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) on both Nielsen measures, including JKL’s repeat telecasts dominating original telecasts of the CBS program on Thursday and Friday.with Craig Ferguson by a hefty 41% in Total Viewers, outdrawing the CBS program in