via press note:
ABC’s Modern Family stood as Wednesday’s #1 TV show for its 3rd straight telecast this season in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49.
- · From 8-9pm, ABC’s The Middle and The Neighbors continued to dominate NBC’s comedies in the hour (Animal Practice/Guys with Kids) in viewers and young adults.
- · Up for the 2nd straight week, ABC’s The Middle grew over its week-ago telecast in viewers (+5%) and Adults 18-49 (+4%). The Middle won its half hour in Adults 18-34, Men 18-34 and key Women (W18-34/W18-49), while standing as the top-rated broadcast program in the slot with Teens 12-17 and Kids 2-11.
- · Ranking #2 at 8:30pm in viewers and young adults, ABC’s The Neighbors grew its overall audience week to week (+2%). The show was also up over the prior week in Adults 18-34 (+8%), Teens 12-17 (+25%) and Kids 2-11 (+13%), for its best numbers yet in its time period. The show hit a series high with Kids 2-11, even topping its post-Modern Family opener.
- · At 9pm, ABC’s Modern Family built its overall audience from the previous week to lead its hour by wide margins and to finish as Wednesday’s definitive #1 program. The show was also up week to week with Adults 25-54 (+2%), Teens 12-17 (+18%) and Kids 2-11 (+25%).
- · In the 9:30pm half-hour, ABC’s sophomore season opener of Suburgatory took second in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, while winning its slot with Adults 18-34 and Women 18-34. In Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, Suburgatory scored its highest numbers in over 9 months – since 1/11/12.
- · Holding a strong 89% of its Total Viewer lead-in during the 10pm hour opposite CBS’ time period veteran CSI, ABC’s Nashville continued to dominate its freshman drama competition in the slot. For the 2nd week in row, Nashville beat out NBC’s Chicago Fire by wide margins, leading by 15% in viewers and by 33% in Adults 18-49. In addition, the new ABC drama won its hour for the 2nd week in row with Adults 18-34 and Women 18-34. The new show retained a solid 76% of its big week-ago debut audience coming out of Modern Family.
- · ABC’s Nashville is a big gainer in DVR playback. Based on Live + 3 Day data for last Wednesday (10/10/12), Nashville shot up over its Live + Same Day numbers by +2.7 million viewers on average and spiked by +1.1 rating points (+39%) in Adults 18-49.