via press note:
ABC earned second place on Thursday night in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, while ranking #1 with Women 18-34.
- · ABC was up 7% in Total Viewers over the year-ago night, while holding 100% of its Adult 18-49 delivery.
Growing week to week in the 8 o’clock hour against CBS’ top-rated comedies ( / ), ABC freshman took second place in viewers and young adults, finishing well ahead of Fox’s MLB National League Championship and continued to dominate NBC’s comedies ( / ). The biggest percentage gainer via DVR playback for any 8pm show, ABC’s shot up by 2.7 million viewers and by 46% (+1.0 ) in Adults 18-49 from the next-day L+SD numbers to the final L+7 numbers.
- · up over the prior week by 6% in Total Viewers, by 6% in Adults 18-49 and by 20% in Adults 18-34. was
- · Improving the hour year to year for ABC for its 4th straight telecast, on average is boosting its time period by double digits in Total Viewers (+14%) and Adults 18-49 (+27%) over the same point last season with original drama programming.
Coming off a pre-emption the previous week for the Vice Presidential debate, ABC’s Thursday’s #1 drama for its 3rd consecutive telecast this season. Leading by double digits in the 9 o’clock hour, ABC’s ’s outpaced CBS’ by 18%, NBC’s comedies by 83% (The /Parks and Recreation) and Fox’s post-season baseball by 136%. Jumping in DVR Playback, ’s adds 3.3 million viewers and a 1.5 Adult 18-49 rating points from its next-day numbers to its L+7 finals’s jumped over its lead-in among Adults 18-49 (+94%) at 9pm to dominate its competition in the hour and stand as
Retaining 100% of its Adult 18-49 audience from its last telecast two weeks ago, ABC’s continued to close the gap with CBS’ (pacing within 1 share) in the 10 o’clock hour, while overshadowing NBC’s with Brian Williams in Total Viewers (+88%) and Adults 18-49 (+122%). beat to stand as the #1 scripted TV show in its slot in Adults 18-34 and across all key Women (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54). A big beneficiary of DVR playback, the 10pm drama jumped up by 2.6 million viewers and by 43% in young adults over its first-reported L+SD numbers to its Live + 7 Day results.
- · In addition to holding all of its Adult 18-49 audience, the ABC drama was up over its last telecast in Adults 25-54 (+4%).
- · drew a larger audience to the hour than on the same night last year.