via press release:
Driven by, A Special Edition of and in its regular 10pm hour, ABC ran in a virtual tie for first place on Friday in Adults 18-49 (pacing within 1-tenth of a point of the lead and tied in audience share).
- The Network surged over the year-ago Friday by 1.5 million viewers and by 36% in Adults 18-49.
At 8pm, ABC’s Fox’s season premiere of , to lead the pack for the by 100%7th consecutive week.dominated its hour in Adults 18-49, beating out NBC’s Mockingbird Lane by 20% and
- Coming off of last week’s series highs, ABC’s 2nd biggest audience ever and tied its 2nd highest Adult 18-49 number for a regular telecast. turned in its
From 9-10pm, A Special Edition of: All Access with Katie Couric finished #2 among the major nets in Adults 18-49, tying CBS’ :NY and beating Fox’s by 55%.
- The ABC newsmagazine special improved its hour year to year by wide margins, up over the same night last year by 1.3 million viewers, by 27% in Adults 18-49 and by 27% in Adults 25-54.
Building on its lead-in at 10pm, ABC’soutdrew NBC’s by 1.3 million viewers during the hour. Anchored by Elizabeth Vargas, featured stories about people and animals with the “sixth sense.”
- 20/20 generated its biggest audience in 6 weeks, while equaling 6-week highs with Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54 – since 9/14/12.
- Continuing to pace well ahead of the same point last year, ABC’s 20/20 grew over its year-ago telecast by double-digit percentages in Total Viewers (+12%), Adults 18-49 (+17%) and Adults 25-54 (+18%).