via press release:
OWN: OPRAH WINFREY NETWORK POSTS NINTH CONSECUTIVE MONTH OF YEAR-OVER-YEAR RATINGS GROWTH IN PRIMETIME AND TOTAL DAY
October Ratings Up +37% W25-54 and +44% Total Viewers Vs. Year Ago
Los Angeles – OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network has posted double-digit ratings gains for the month of October, the ninth consecutive month of growth, across all key demos in both primetime (+37% W25-54, +44% total viewers) and total day (+45% W25-54, +57% total viewers) versus year ago numbers.
In addition, the week of October 22 marked OWN’s 41st consecutive week of total day growth in the network’s core demo of women 25-54 (+14%) versus one year ago.
Year-to-date, OWN is posting double-digit ratings growth in both primetime and total day across the network's key demos, with primetime posting +26% W25-54 and +24% in total viewers, and total day posting +36% W25-54 and +41% total viewers versus year ago numbers.
Series season-to-date averages:
- · “Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s” (Saturdays at 9 p.m.) – season-to-date the series is averaging a .65 W25-54 and 734,000 total viewers, up +195% W25-54, +152% total viewers vs. YAGO.
- · “Iyanla: Fix My Life” (Saturdays at 10 p.m.) – season-to-date the series is averaging a .75 W25-54 and 742,000 total viewers up +239% W25-54, +185% total viewers) vs. YAGO.
- · “Oprah’s Next Chapter” (Sundays at 9 p.m.) – season-to-date the series is averaging .79 W25-54 and 867,000 total viewers up +229% W25-54 and +168% total viewers vs. YAGO.
- · “Oprah’s Lifeclass” (Sunday Oct. 28 premiere) – Pastor Joel Osteen Part 1 episode scored a .58 W5-54 and 612,000 total viewers up, a series high , up +205% W25-54 and +107% total viewers vs. YAGO.
- · “Oprah: Where Are They Now?” (Tuesdays at 10 p.m.) – season-to-date the series is averaging a .45 W25-54 and 436,000 total viewers up +200% W25-54 and +203% total viewers vs. YAGO.
Source: The Nielsen Company
OWN ratings are coverage ratings.
About OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network
A joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network is a multi-platform media company designed to entertain, inform and inspire people to live their best lives. OWN debuted on January 1, 2011 on what was the Discovery Health Channel and is in approximately 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform, Oprah.com.
Follow on Twitter @OWNTV