FOX Business Network scored another ratings win in the demo on election night with Special Report: Election 2012, besting CNBC’s Your Money Your Vote by 2%. The special, which was anchored by Neil Cavuto, grew 176% in the demo vs. 2008. CNBC, on the other hand, was down 13% this year vs. last election year.
- FOX Business Network topped rival CNBC in the demo on election night from 7p-1a by 2% scoring 138,000 viewers in A25-54 to CNBC’s 136,000.
- In total viewers, FBN earned 284,000 while CNBC took in 322,000
- FBN’s ratings were up 226% in total viewers and 176% in the demo compared to election night 2008 while CNBC’s ratings were down 27% in total viewers and down 13% in the demo
- In addition, FBN’s special editions of Varney & Co (5pm) and Lou Dobbs Tonight (6pm) beat CNBC’s special edition of Squawk Box Your Money Your Vote (5-7p) by 48% in the demo with 49,000 to their 33,000 A25-54 viewers.
- In total viewers, FBN averaged 149,000 for the two hours compared to CNBC’s 239,000 total viewers.