OWN's Saturday Primetime Line-up Ranks in Top 10 in All of Cable Posting Triple-Digit Gains Versus Year Ago
via press release:
OWN’S SATURDAY PRIMETIME LINEUP RANKS AMONG TOP 10 IN ALL OF CABLE POSTING TRIPLE-DIGIT RATINGS GAINS VERSUS YEAR AGO
Ratings Soar on Saturday for Popular Original Series As “Iyanla: Fix My Life” Ranks #2 W25-54 and “Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s” Ranks #8 W25-54 in Ad-supported Cable
OWN is #1 Network on Saturday Night for African-American Viewers
Week of November 5 Marks OWN’s 43nd Consecutive Week of Total Day Year-over-year Growth in W25-54
Year-to-date OWN Continues to Post Double-digit Ratings Gains in Primetime and Total Day in W25-54 Versus Year Ago
Los Angeles – OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network ranked in the top 10 among all ad-supported cable networks with its Saturday primetime lineup (November 10) posting triple-digit ratings gains versus year ago numbers in the key female demo (+128% W25-54) with back-to-back original episodes of its popular original series “Iyanla: Fix My Life” and “Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s.”
“Iyanla: Fix My Life” (Saturdaysat 10 p.m.) featuring life coach Iyanla Vanzant ranked #2 in its time period in the network’s key demographic of women 25-54 among all 106 ad-supported cable networks garnering a 1.05 W25-54 and 950,000 total viewers (+338% W25-54, +258% P2+ vs. YAGO).
The family docu-series “Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s” (9 p.m.) ranked #8 in its time period in the key women 25-54 demo among all ad-supported cable networks garnering a .78 W25-54 and 843,000 total viewers (+70% W25-54, +108% P2+ vs. YAGO).
In addition, OWN was Saturday night’s #1 network across all broadcast and cable for African-American viewers in the key demos including W25-54 (3.88), and W18-49 (3.26). It was also the #1 ad-supported cable network with African-American Households (4.22) and total viewers (609,000).
The week of November 5 marks OWN’s 43rd consecutive week of total day year-over-year growth in the network’s core demo of women 25-54 (+45%). In addition, primetime for the week was up double-digits in women 25-54 (+78%) and triple-digits in total viewers (+120%) versus year ago numbers.
Year-to-date, OWN continues to post double-digit ratings growth in both primetime and total day across the network’s key demos, with primetime posting +32% W25-54 and +26% in total viewers, and total day posting +36% W25-54 and +43% total viewers versus year ago numbers.
Saturday, November 10 programming highlights:
“Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s” (Saturdays at 9 p.m.)
- .78 W25-54; 843,000 total viewers
- Triple-digit growth vs. YAGO (+70% W25-54, +108% total viewers)
- #8 in the time period among 106 ad-supported cable networks with W25-54 and W18-49 (0.62)
- Cable’s #2 telecast on Saturday night among African-American W25-54 (4.24), W18-49 (3.40) and HH (4.85)
- #1 in the time period across all broadcast and cable with African-American W25-54, W18-49, Households and P2+ (695,000)
“Iyanla: Fix My Life” (Saturdays at 10 p.m.)
- 1.05 W25-54; 950,000 total viewers
- Triple-digit growth vs. YAGO (+338% W25-54, +258% P2+)
- #2 in the time period among 106 ad-supported cable networks with W25-54 and W18-49 (0.83)
- Cable’s #1 telecast on Saturday night among African-American W25-54 (5.51), W18-49 (4.45) and Households (5.77)
- #1 in the time period across all broadcast and cable with African-American W25-54, W18-49, Households and P2+ (788,000)
Source: The Nielsen Company
OWN ratings are coverage ratings.
About OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network
A joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network is a multi-platform media company designed to entertain, inform and inspire people to live their best lives. OWN debuted on January 1, 2011 on what was the Discovery Health Channel and is in approximately 85 million homes. The venture also includes the award-winning digital platform, Oprah.com. For more information, please visit www.oprah.com/own and www.press.discovery.com/us/own.
Follow on Twitter @OWNTV