Click this link for the latest CW renewal / cancellation information:
Our Renew / Cancel Index predicts the network's decision on renewal or cancellation for scripted broadcast primetime shows by the end of the 2012-13 season in May, 2013. (includes results from September 17-November 18, 2012):
|Program||Status||Renew/ Cancel Index|
CW dramas The Beauty & The Beast, and 90210 are all "toss ups" for cancellation or renewal by the end of the season.
Here are the cancellation and renewal scenarios for each of them:
- 90210: If it gets what has recently become a typical short final season for "end of life" CW shows, it gets renewed. Otherwise, it's ratings indicate certain cancellation.
- Heart of Dixie: If its ratings stay even with or above Beauty & The Beast it gets renewed, mostly because its a second season show. If 90210 gets canceled, it gets renewed. If neither of those two things happen, it gets canceled.
- Beauty & The Beast: If its ratings stay above , it gets renewed. If 90210 gets canceled, it gets renewed. If neither of those two things happen, it gets canceled.
- All 3: For each spring drama ( or The Carries Diaries) that gets renewed, an additional one of those first three will need to be canceled. However, if the CW schedules America's entirely in the summer, it would open up another Fall slot, and remove the need to cancel one more of those shows.
, M.D. is certain to be canceled.
How can Read more about it here.with absolutely "look away" bad ratings be "likely to be renewed"? The pull of a fourth season for syndication purposes is one of the strongest forces in the TV universe.
Better to Follow The Bear, Than Be Chased By Him. This season you can follow the on Twitter via @TheCancelBear. The Cancellation Bear will retweet all the Renew/Cancel Index post titles and links as well as engage in a little more back and forth banter than we do on our standard @TVbytheNumbers Twitter feed.
- - certain to be cancelled by May, 2013
- :cry:- more likely to be cancelled than renewed by May, 2013
- - toss up between renewal or cancellation by May, 2013
- - more likely to be renewed than cancelled by May, 2013
- - certain to be renewed by May, 2012
The Renew/Cancel Index is the ratio of a scripted show's new episode adults 18-49 ratings relative to the new episode ratings of the other scripted shows on its own network. It's calculated by dividing a show's new episode Live+Same Day adults 18-49 averageby the Live+Same Day new episode average of all the new scripted show episodes on the show's own network. The network's average ratings in the calculation are not time weighted (ex. hour long shows are not weighted twice what 30 minute shows are).
(F) -Fridays: Shows airing on Fridays were renewed with significantly lower than average Indexes.
How would the Renew / Cancel Index Have Done Predicting Last Season's Scripted Show Fates? Check out how the Renew / Cancel Index predicted renewals and cancellations from the 2010-11 broadcast television season.