'

TV Ratings Monday: 'Revolution', 'The Voice', & 'Dancing With the Stars' Up; '2 Broke Girls', 'Mike & Molly' & 'Hawaii Five-0' Hit Season Highs

Categories: '

Written By

November 27th, 2012

Scoreboard NBC CBS UNI FOX ABC CW
Adults 18-49: Rating/Share 3.8/9 3.1/8 1.8/4 1.7/4 1.7/4 0.5/1
Adults 18-34: Rating/Share 3.0/9 2.1/6 1.7/5 1.5/4 1.1/3 0.6/2
Total Viewers (million) 11.025 10.15 4.285 5.959 9.335 0.940

-

Last night’s Monday Night Football game (Panthers/Eagles) was simulcast on the NBC affiliate in Charlotte. As a result, the NBC numbers may be inflated  and subject to more than typical adjustments in the finals.

NBC was number one with adults 18-49, and with total viewers.

On NBC, The Voice earned a 4.2 adults 18-49 rating, up 14% from last week's 3.7 adults 18-49 rating. Revolution scored a 2.9 among adults 18-49, up 12% from last week's series-low 2.6. Your predictions were a little pessimistic.

On CBS, How I Met Your Mother earned a 3.4 among adults 18-49, up 17% from last week's 2.9. 2 Broke Girls scored a season high 4.0 among adults 18-49, up 18% from last week’s 3.4. Mike & Molly earned a season-high 3.6 adults 18-49, up 24% from last week's 2.9. Hawaii Five-O notched  a season-high 2.3 adults 18-49 rating, up 5% from last week’s 2.2.

On ABC, the one hour Dancing with the Stars performance finale scored a 2.6 adults 18-49 rating, up 8% from a 2.4 for last week’s two hour episode but down 26% from a 3.5 for last fall’s performance finale. The season premiere of  Extreme Makeover: Home Edition earned a 1.3 adults 18-49 rating down 7% from a 1.4 for its previous season finale on Friday, January 13, 2012. A second hour of the show earned a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating, way down from Castle’s typical performance in the time period.

On FOX, Bones scored a 2.3 among adults 18-49, up 15% from last week's 2.0. The Mob Doctor garnered a 1.2, up 33% from last week's 0.9 adults 18-49 rating.

On the CW, 90210 earned a 0.5 adults 18-49 rating, up 25% from last week's 0.4. Gossip Girl scored a 0.4 adults 18-49 rating, even with last week.

Broadcast primetime ratings for Monday, November 26, 2012:

Net Show 18-49 Rtg/Shr Viewers (millions)
NBC The Voice (8-10:01PMPM) 4.2/10 12.185
CBS How I Met Your Mother 3.4/9 8.772
ABC Dancing with the Stars 2.6/7 16.03
FOX Bones 2.3/6 7.919
CW 90210 0.5/1 1.033
CBS The Big Bang Theory - R 3.2/8 8.998
CBS 2 Broke Girls 4.0/10 11.675
ABC Extreme Makover: Home Edition 1.3/3 6.738
FOX The Mob Doctor 1.2/3 3.998
CW Gossip Girl 0.4/1 0.846
CBS Mike & Molly 3.6/8 11.245
NBC Revolution 2.9/8 8.704
CBS Hawaii Five -0 2.3/6 10.106
ABC Extreme Makover: Home Edition 1.2/3 5.236

-
Via NBC Press Note:

In Late-Night Metered Markets Monday night (the New York market is
> excluded from these averages):
>
> * In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The
> Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 3.1/8; CBS's "Late Show with David
> Letterman," 2.3/6 with an encore; and ABC's combo of "Nightline,"
> 3.0/7; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.6/5.
>
> * In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results
> were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 1.0/5; "Late Show," 0.6/3 with
> an encore; "Nightline," 0.9/4; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.5/3.
>
> * At 12:35 a.m., "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (1.4/5 in
> metered-market households with an encore) beat CBS's first-run "Late
> Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (1.2/4). In the 25 markets with Local
> People Meters, "Late Night" (0.5/3 in 18-49 with an encore) tied "Late
> Late Show" (0.4/3).
>
> * At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.9/4 in
> metered-market households with an encore and a 0.3/2 in adults 18-49
> in the 25 markets with local people meters.
Nielsen TV Ratings: ©2012 The Nielsen Company. All Rights Reserved.

You can see TV ratings from other recent Overnight ratings reports here.

Definitions:

Fast Affiliate Ratings: These first national ratings, including demographics, are available at approximately 11 AM (ET) the day after telecast, and are released to subscribing customers daily. These data, from the National People Meter sample, are strictly time-period information, based on the normal broadcast network feed, and include all programming on the affiliated stations, sometimes including network programming, sometimes not. The figures may include stations that did not air the entire network feed, as well as local news breaks or cutaways for local coverage or other programming. Fast Affiliate ratings are not as useful for live programs and are likely to differ significantly from the final results, because the data reflect normal broadcast feed patterns. For example, with a World Series game, Fast Affiliate Ratings would include whatever aired from 8-11PM on affiliates in the Pacific Time Zone, following the live football game, but not game coverage that begins at 5PM PT. The same would be true of Presidential debates as well as live award shows and breaking news reports.

Rating: Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households (or other specified group) tuned to a program in the average minute. Ratings are expressed as a percent.

Share (of Audience): The percent of households (or persons) using television who are tuned to a specific program, station or network in a specific area at a specific time. (See also, Rating, which represents tuning or viewing as a percent of the entire population being measured.)

Time Shifted Viewing – Program ratings for national sources are produced in three streams of data – Live, Live+Same Day (Live+SD) and Live+7 Day. Time shifted figures account for incremental viewing that takes place with DVRs. Live+Same Day (Live+SD) include viewing during the same broadcast day as the original telecast, with a cut-off of 3:00AM local time when meters transmit daily viewing to Nielsen for processing. Live+7 Day ratings include incremental viewing that takes place during the 7 days following a telecast.

For more information see Numbers 101 and Numbers 102.

 
  • Dan

    With Mob Doctor and Emily Owens as the only shows Not canceled nor given a full season. My guess is Mob Doctor will burn through its 13 eps without any news regarding its future until May Where it will be cancelled. CW may give EOMD a few more eps to stretch it until April. If it gets those eps Cult will premiere after VD around March and BATB will probably be moved to 9pm Fridays after Nikita for its remaining eps. If EOMD gets no more than 13 eps than BATB will probably move behind HOD and Cult will premiere after VD.

  • Patrick Ausgewahlt

    I watched 2 Broke Girls for the first time yesterday and didn’t really see the appeal. It wasn’t a bad show, but I don’t see why more people watch it over the very well written How I Met Your Mother

  • POIFanatic

    Even my friends who weren’t that invested in Revolution are going crazy about this episode. Most of us think Sebastian deserves to be nominated for an Emmy. Hope the numbers hold up when it returns.

    CBS is never going to find another TBBT. 2 Broke Girls is the closest to it in ratings, but the writing is atrocious.

  • ateofi

    K
    @ateofi
    Sure, I’m glad RVN is doing well, it is a much better show than H50. My beef with H50 is that Jack Lord did not have to go around shirtless to get respect, as well as neither he nor Danno bed hopped.
    ———-
    Hasn’t it occured to you than thanks to the new H50, poeple got interested in the old show again? Many fans compare the both versions and they either like both or they like the old version more and some like the remake better. There is no need to slam the remake just because you like Jack Lord. I watched few episodes pf old H50 and found the stories to be very interesting but the acting was unconvining, but I will not slam the old version. As for Alex O, he doesn’t need to take his shirt of to gain respect. Your point is radicuolus.
    As far as “Revolution” is concerned, this show is terrible and works only as unintentional parody of adventure/ s-fi and I’m sure it’s not what Mr. Krippke had in mind. It’s really when you root for the main protagonists to get killed off and you enjoy seconday antagonists.

  • easy

    Congrats to Five 0 for returning to excellent competitive ratings again. Compared to where they began and where the competition was , Five 0 gained viewers plus demo numbers in just a matter of weeks since the beginning of the 3rd season. What a comeback! The show and the writing has improved so much, and the core 4 with a great supporting cast has out done last season. Hope to see the demos go up to the mid to high 2s when season 3 is done, and 4 is just around the corner. Five 0 looks to be back to 10 million plus viewer range! Would love to see it hit 11 million to 12 viewers again. 8 more years to go to match the original series.
    Hope Five 0 continues to build up its base viewership to guarantee more great seasons to come!! :) Congrats!!!

  • ateofi

    Hey easy,
    after some unnecessary experiments in season 2, H50 returned to the successful formula from season 1. There is still this awful “mother plot” to be resolved, but apart from that, season 3 so far is better than the previous one. I’m happy about H50 numbers as well, though I realize some viewers came from the lack of “Castle”. Still it’s good to see the show to slowly rebound from dramatic premiere numbers. Hopefully there will no downward adjustment.
    Also with the absence of “Revolution” I expect both H50 and “Castle” to go up in the demo ratings.

  • CurefortheItch

    The guy playing Monroe on Revolution is the only reason to keep watch. He was amazing in that last ep.

  • POIFanatic

    @Cure: Kinda agree. Until the finale Neville, Randall, Rachael and Miles were the ones who were the reason to watch for me. But after the finale, damn, that was a phenomenal performance by Bass Monroe. Also, the brotherly relationship between him and Miles was portrayed so brilliantly. Everything fell into place in the finale.

  • POI

    Revolution had its best episode and i can’t wait till March when it comes back and this time with 12 episodes so i dont think there will be any breaks till the season 1 finale and i hope its ratings increase like what happens with walking dead when it returns.

  • THE OLD MAN

    Nice to see all the positive comments on Mob Doctor, but as Bill stated:

    “FOX may have to consider keeping Mob Doctor”

    Not even in their most fevered dreams.

    MY TAKE: Get it while you can!

  • CrimTV

    Why are there no final ratings?

  • American

    Will we get final ratings today?

  • Michelle

    Is there some other link on this website to see the half hour ratings? Where can you go to find them?

  • Baaa!

    I would not expect either H5O or Castle to have too big of a ratings boost from Revolution going on hiatus. They are about where they are more or less. Only 10pm doing above a 2.5 is Revolution that has a large lead-in that helps.

  • Richard Steven Hack

    David Lyons is a credible actor (The Cape notwithstanding). But I don’t think any of the credible actors on the show can hold Revolution up indefinitely.

    I tend to agree that The Voice is one main reason the show is holding up in the ratings (even though I tend to downgrade the effect of lead-ins on a show in general.)

    Revolution has SERIOUS problems in writing, directing, premise, and simple logic. While such things don’t always mean a show ends up getting canceled, they’re not good things to have.

    I don’t think current ratings tell the whole story because I think a lot of viewers are still “hanging in there” expecting the show to get better – which I don’t think it will. Like some other sci-fi shows and shows like Ringer, eventually the audience will get tired of waiting for some “there there” – and the ratings will collapse.

    I still say Revolution will decline dramatically in the spring. Whether it will be canceled or not is obviously not certain, but I wouldn’t be surprised. If it does get renewed, I look for it to be canceled in season two – possibly early.

  • LOL

    Dunno why Richard is still talking about Revolution, a show he obviously hates and yet talks about it in multiple comments week in and week out. The show doesn’t have any problem with the premise because the FICTION in science fiction is there for a reason. The logic is sound if you actually care to do a little research. The writing is uneven, but its getting better. The show has also proved that it doesn’t want to be a total sci-fi show. Stick to one thing – either it gets cancelled or makes it to season 2. You can’t have the cake and eat it too. The finale was AWESOME. Go back to the SEXY GIRLS on the other show you were talking about. That’s more to your speed.

  • LOL

    Richard also seems to have selective amnesia. He has obviously forgotten what happened with the previous stupid sci-fi shows.

  • Sharon

    I think the ratings are bogus. They only represent a certain portion of the country and I can’t see how they can possibly know what I am watching. Everyone around here watches or records BONES, are we counted? I don’t think so!

  • RG-X

    Called it again! —- 2.9 on the money!

  • easy

    ateofi, agreed, looks good for both shows at this point (5-0 and Castle.) A win,win situation.

© 2014 Tribune Digital Ventures