via press note:
During the 2012 November Sweep, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live generated its most-watched November sweep yet and attracted its biggest audience ever for any sweep period. JKL grew its overall audience year to year for the 5th consecutive sweep in a row and over the previous November for the 6th time in the last 7 sweeps periods for the month. In fact, the ABC late-night program was the only late-night broadcast talk show to deliver yearly growth in Total Viewers (+5%). In addition, JKL saw growth over the 2012 July Sweep in both Total Viewers (+27%) and Adults 18-49 (+25%).
- · Airing from Brooklyn during the 2nd week of the November Sweep (week of October 29, 2012), JKL scored its 2nd-most-watched week in its nearly 10-year history, behind only last year’s Thanksgiving week (w/o 11/21/11).
- · During the sweep, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live stood as the #3 talk show in late-night in Total Viewers, behind only NBC’s The with Jay Leno and CBS’ The with David Letterman.
- · ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live (M-F 12am) scored its most competitive finish ever during any sweep period with NBC’s The (M-F 11:35am) among Adults 18-49, pacing just 264k young adult viewers behind the NBC program. In addition, JKL cut its year-to-year gap among young adults with CBS’ The with David Letterman (M-F 11:35am) by more than half (-53%) to stand just 214k Adult 18-49 viewers from the CBS program.
- · ABC’s JKL drew a larger overall audience than NBC’s Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (M-F 12:30am) for the 4th November in a row, outdrawing the NBC late-night program by 20% in Total Viewers. JKL also held its largest advantage ever over Fallon during a sweep period in Adults 18-49 (+6%).
- · ABC’s JKL beat CBS’ The Late with Craig Ferguson (M-F 12:30am) in both Total Viewers (+30%) and Adults 18-49 (+27%) for the 5th straight sweep. In fact, the ABC late-night program has drawn a bigger overall audience than Ferguson in the last 7 sweep periods.