ABC Ranks Number 1 on Friday in Adults 18-49 with Strong Numbers Across the Board
via press release:
With its 8-9pm comedies (Last Man Standing/Malibu Country), a repeat Shark Tank and 20/20, ABC ranked #1 on Friday, tying CBS all-original schedule and pacing well ahead of both NBC and Fox on the evening. In fact it was the Net’s 5th straight week to lead the pack in the key young adult sales demo.
- · Despite airing a repeat during the middle hour of prime, the Net was up sharply over the same night last year with an all-original schedule in both viewers (+30%) and young adults (+33%).
At 8pm, ABC’s Last Man Standing ran #1 in its half-hour among Adults 18-49.
- · Jumping 14% week to week in Adults 18-49, Last Man Standing equaled its 2nd-highest rating this season.
Continuing to show strong lead-in retention at 8:30pm, ABC’s Malibu Country registered as the 2nd-most-watched TV show in its half-hour to Undercover Boss and ranked as the #1 broadcast show with Teens 12-17.
- · Malibu Country grew 7% week to week in Adults 18-49 and spiked 33% in Teens 12-17, hitting a best-since-premiere number on the latter measure.
During the 9 o’clock hour, ABC’s repeat Shark Tank ranked #1 in its time period among Adults 18-49, beating CBS’ original CSI: NY by 7%.
- · Building over the prior week’s repeat by double digits in viewers (+12%) and young adults (+23%), ABC’s Shark Tank scored its highest-ever repeat performance on both counts. In fact in the last two weeks, the show has delivered its 2 biggest-ever repeat audiences.
Please Note: Shark Tank is airing a special Christmas-themed episode this coming Tuesday from 8-9pm on 12/4/12.
Building lead-in, ABC’s 20/20 stood as the #1 TV show in the 10 o’clock hour for the 2nd week in a row with Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54. In the hour, ABC’s 20/20 towered over NBC’s Dateline in head-to-head competition by 1.4 million viewers, by 55% in Adults 18-49 and by 44% in Adults 25-54. 20/20 reported on true confessions from insiders and whistleblowers.
- · 20/20 increased its numbers for the 2nd straight week in Adults 18-49 (+13%) and Adults 25-54 (+10%), posting 11-week highs in both counts – best numbers since its season premiere on 9/14/12.
- · ABC’s 20/20 jumped over its year-ago performance in Total Viewers (+27%), Adults 18-49 (+31%) and Adults 25-54 (+35%). In fact, the ABC newsmagazine was up year to year in the key Adult 25-54 news demo for its 6th straight broadcast.