via press release:
STEP INTO THE SQUAD ROOM AND EXPLORE OTHER ICONIC SETS ON “INSIDE,”
A NEW BEHIND-THE-SCENES WEB SERIES ON CBS.COM
Eight 5-Minute Features Offer Behind-the-Scenes Look at Television’s #1 Series
LOS ANGELES, Dec. 7, 2012 – Ever wanted to explore the tight quarters of the ship onor step inside the squad room of the iconic television series? Ever wonder how producers choose the perfect score to create the signature atmosphere of the program?
“INSIDE http://www.cbs.com/shows/ncis/inside-ncis/ny1OfrFVS7_fJrasglt6z8ZlQVjHccar/ncis-inside-ncis-ep-1-abby-s-lab-music-and-mayhem) and the CBS Audience Network. Celebrating 10 seasons of the acclaimed drama, “INSIDE ” provides an insider’s view of the show, from the music selection process and iconic sets to the actors who are “lucky” enough to portray the victims.,” a new web series that takes fans behind the scenes of television’s #1 series, is now available on CBS.com (
The eight-episode series chronicles the production process from start to finish, featuring exclusive interviews with cast members Michael Weatherly (Special Agent Anthony “Tony” DiNozzo), Cote de Pablo (NCIS Special Agent Ziva David), David McCallum (Dr. Donald “Ducky” Mallard), Pauley Perrette (Abby Sciuto), Sean Murray (NCIS Special Agent Timothy McGee), Rocky Carroll (NCIS Director Leon Vance) and Brian Dietzen (Jimmy Palmer), as well as producers, set designers, composers and crew members.
“We couldn’t be happier with these behind-the-scenes glimpses, which give fans real insight into the extraordinarily talented crew I work with each and every day,” said Gary Glasberg, Executive Producer of the show. “Watching these segments is like getting a private tour of our stages, and we hope people really enjoy them.”
A series of interactive elements will complement the web series, including trivia games about the cast, characters, and current and past plot lines, as well as a social vote that tracks the best moments of the season so far.
Descriptions of each episode and premiere dates are as follows:
· Available now: “Abby’s Lab: Music and Mayhem” spotlights the making of the music for the series. Actress Pauley Perrette, composer Brian Kirk and producer Josh Rexon explore how the unique music created for Abby’s lab is a signature element of the show.
· Available now: “Squad Room: Center of Attention” features Weatherly and executive producer and showrunner Gary Glasberg taking viewers inside the iconic NCIS Squad Room set.
· Debuting today: “Autopsy: Bodies of Work” features actors David McCallum, Brian Dietzen and executive producer Mark Horowitz spotlighting the exacting physical demands placed upon the lucky guest stars who portray the “bodies.”
· Monday, Dec. 10: “Backlot: Location, Location, Location” spotlights actor Michael Weatherly and art director Robb Bacon taking viewers to the NCIS backlot, revealing how production transforms the streets and storefronts into recognizable locations from around the globe.
· Wednesday, Dec. 12: “Ship Set: Set Afloat” offers interviews with actor Sean Murray, executive producer Chas. Floyd Johnson and technical advisor Leon Carroll discussing the production challenges of filming in the tight quarters of the ship.
· Friday, Dec. 14: “MTAC: Telecommunication” features actor Sean Murray and supervising producer Avery Drew demonstrating how scenes are staged in the Multiple Threat Alert Center, pulling in live feeds from different sets, allowing the actors to interact with each other in real-time.
· Monday, Dec. 17: “Vance’s : Highly Decorated” follows actor Rocky Carroll and set decorator Lynn Wolverton-Parker discussing the distinct touches in the set that reflect the character and history of Vance.
· Wednesday, Dec. 19: “Interrogation: If These Walls Could Talk” explores the show’s cinematography and the tricks employed in shooting in tight quarters, with actress Cote de Pablo, director of photography Bill Webb, and writers and executive producers George Schenck and Frank Cardea.
NCIS airs Tuesdays at 8:00 PM, ET/PT on the CBS Television Network.