CBS Daytime Celebrates the Season With Holiday-Themed Episodes of 'The Young & the Restless', 'The Bold & the Beautiful', 'The Talk', 'The Price is Right' & 'Let's Make A Deal'
via press release:
CBS DAYTIME CELEBRATES THE SEASON WITH HOLIDAY-THEMED EPISODES OF “THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS,” “THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL” “THE TALK,” “THE PRICE IS RIGHT” AND “LET’S MAKE A DEAL”
The CBS Daytime schedule will celebrate the season with holiday-themed episodes in December on THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL, THE TALK, THE PRICE IS RIGHT and LET’S MAKE A DEAL.
On THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, the #1 daytime drama for 24 years, romance is in the air for the holidays as friends and family gather throughout Genoa City on Tuesday, Dec. 25 (12:30-1:30 PM, ET; 11:00 AM-12:00 Noon, PT) to celebrate the season. Victor and Nikki exchange heartfelt gifts, Adam must make a heart-wrenching decision regarding his marriage, and Avery confesses details of her past to Nick. Meanwhile, Jack’s loved ones take drastic measures to help him, someone uncovers Noah’s dangerous secret and Billy and Victoria spend a joyous holiday with her son, Reed. Later that week, Tyler’s charming behavior towards Lily unnerves Cane.
On THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL, friends and family of the late Stephanie Forrester attempt to move through their grief and keep her traditions of Christmas alive. When they gather at the Forrester Mansion on Monday, Dec. 24 (1:30-2:00 PM, ET; 12:30-1:00 PM, PT), they are met with a great surprise that turns their Christmas upside-down and takes them to a faraway place, filled with Christmas cheer, memories of Stephanie and the power of joy, hope, love and, most importantly, family.
THE TALK, network television’s fastest-growing daytime program, is spreading holiday cheer throughout the month by featuring daily December Giveaways showcasing the hottest “must-have” gift items. Each day during the month, one of THE TALK co-hosts will take on a holiday gift-giving role and present a special item the entire studio audience will get to take home. The ladies will get some extra help from CBS Daytime heartthrobs Rob Wilson, THE PRICE IS RIGHT Male Model Search winner, and Texas Battle, star of THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL, who will appear as “Sexy Santas” with their sleighs to reveal the daily item. Also, viewers at home will have a chance to win the items by visiting TheTalk.com. In addition, THE TALK will feature special holiday-themed “Talk Takeaway” segments throughout the month, offering expert advice on holiday fashion, fitness, diet and money saving shopping tips.
THE PRICE IS RIGHT, daytime television’s most-watched program, has decked out the set in festive decorations for episodes airing Tuesday, Dec. 18 – Monday, Dec. 24 (11:00 – 12:00 Noon, ET; 10:00 – 11:00 AM, PT). Contestants get into the action as well with many of them donning their best Santa hats, reindeer antlers and holiday sweaters. In addition, the episodes will feature several holiday-themed prizes and showcases, including the Dec. 24 conclusion of the month-long “PRICE IS RIGHT Holiday Gift Idea of the Day,” where the first prize of every show in December has been specifically chosen to help viewers find the perfect holiday gifts. These prizes include smartphones, jewelry, a new BBQ grill and a new laptop. Male model search winner Rob Wilson also returns to spread the holiday cheer. THE PRICE IS RIGHT will close out the year with a “Best of 2012” episode on Monday, Dec. 31, featuring the return of the most popular prizes from throughout the year.
On LET’S MAKE A DEAL, wishes come true as host Wayne Brady selects families to compete against each other for a variety of prizes in a holiday-themed episode airing Monday, Dec. 24 (check local listings). There will be trips including Hawaii and New York City, cars from various automobile manufactures, gift cards and VIP tickets to a hit show available for traders but not without accepting the right box, selecting the best curtain and most importantly avoiding the dreaded Zonks. One lucky family will have the opportunity to go for the Holiday Big Deal of the Day with a total value of $27,840.
The special daytime air schedule for the holidays follows:
TUESDAY, DEC. 25
- THE PRICE IS RIGHT: Repeat in its regular time period.
- LET’S MAKE A DEAL: Repeat in its regular time period.
- THE TALK: Repeat in its regular time period.
- THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS: Celebrate Christmas with an original episode of in its regular time period.
- THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL: Repeat of 2011 Christmas episode (OAD 12/23/11) in its regular time period.
MONDAY, DEC. 31
- THE PRICE IS RIGHT: Original episode – “Best of 2012” – (special times) 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM ET and 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM CT and 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM PT, due to CBS Sports coverage of NCAA Football: Hyundai Sun Bowl.
- LET’S MAKE A DEAL: Preempted for CBS Sports coverage of NCAA Football: Hyundai Sun Bowl.
- THE TALK: Preempted for CBS Sports coverage of NCAA Football: Hyundai Sun Bowl.
- THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS: Original episode (special times) 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM ET, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM CT and 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PT, due to CBS Sports coverage of NCAA Football: Hyundai Sun Bowl.
- THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL: Original episode in regular time period ET and CT, but preempted on the West Coast for CBS Sports coverage of NCAA Football: Hyundai Sun Bowl.
TUESDAY, JAN. 1
- THE PRICE IS RIGHT and THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS: Ring in the New Year with original episodes in regular time periods.
- LET’S MAKE A DEAL: Repeat in regular time period.
- THE TALK: Repeat in regular time period.
- THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL: Repeat of Hope and Liam’s wedding (OAD 6/26/12) in its regular time period ET and CT. West Coast stations will air the Monday, Dec. 31 original episode at 12:30 – 1:00 PT.
CBS Daytime has been #1 in the daypart for 26 consecutive years, featuring a lineup that is a balance of dramas, game shows and talk. The network’s daytime lineup includes television’s #1 daytime program and longest-running game show THE PRICE IS RIGHT, the #1 daytime drama for 24 years, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, network television’s fastest-growing daytime program, THE TALK, as well as THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL and LET’S MAKE A DEAL.
THE TALK Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheTalkCBS
THE TALK Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheTalk_CBS
THE PRICE IS RIGHT Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ThePriceIsRightCBS
THE PRICE IS RIGHT Twitter: http://twitter.com/priceisright
LET’S MAKE A DEAL Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LetsMakeADealCBS
LET’S MAKE A DEAL Twitter: http://twitter.com/LetsMakeDealCBS
Y&R Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheYoungandtheRestless
Y&R Twitter: http://twitter.com/YandR_CBS
B&B Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheBoldandtheBeautiful
B&B Twitter: http://twitter.com/BandB_CBS
CBS Twitter: http://twitter.com/CBSTweet
CBS Daytime: http://twitter.com/CBSDaytime
On the Web: http://www.cbs.com/daytime/