Click this link for the latest ABC renewal / cancellation information:
- ABC Renew/Cancel Wrap: 'Suburgatory,' 'Trophy Wife,' 'The Neighbors,' 'Mixology,' 'Super Fun Night,' 'Betrayal' Canceled; 'Nashville,' 'Last Man Standing' & More Renewed
Our Renew / Cancel Index predicts potential renewal or cancellation for scripted broadcast primetime shows by the end of the 2011-12 season in May, 2012. (includes results through December 16, 2012):
|Program||Status||Renew/ Cancel Index|
|Don'tin Apt 23||0.53|
We're into the holiday season for the Renew / Cancel Index and this post before the holiday break gives readers a chance to pick which shows they'd cancel were they a network programmer. You can vote as many times as you'd like, pick as many as you'd like. I've included every show, even canceled ones, so that no one feels left out!
Scheduling note: The Renew / Cancel Index will return with new Indexes and predictions on January 8, 2013 and will then only use the ratings since December 31, 2013 for its calculations for the remainder of the season. Expect prediction changes in the first weeks of 2013.
- :oops: - certain to be cancelled by May, 2012
- :cry:- more likely to be cancelled than renewed by May, 2012
- :| - toss up between renewal or cancellation by May, 2012
- :) - more likely to be renewed than cancelled by May, 2012
- :mrgreen: - certain to be renewed by May, 2012
The Renew/Cancel Index is the ratio of a scripted show's new episode adults 18-49 ratings relative to the new episode ratings of the other scripted shows on its own network. It's calculated by dividing a show's new episode Live+Same Day adults 18-49 averageby the Live+Same Day new episode average of all the new scripted show episodes on the show's own network. The network's average ratings in the calculation are not time weighted (ex. hour long shows are not weighted twice what 30 minute shows are).
(F) -Fridays: Shows airing on Fridays were renewed with significantly lower than average Indexes.
How would the Renew / Cancel Index Have Done Predicting Last Season's Scripted Show Fates? Check out how the Renew / Cancel Index predicted renewals and cancellations from the 2010-11 broadcast television season.