via press release:
Week 16 (12/23/12) – Quotable from
NFL GameDay Highlights & NFL GameDay Final on NFL Network
(Sundays at 7:30 & 11:30 PM ET)
- “Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant are the two best wide receivers in football right now.” – Michael Irvin on wide receivers Calvin Johnson of the Detroit Lions and Dez Bryant of the Dallas Cowboys
- “Dez Bryant is now running more than one route. He is running the whole playbook.” – Deion Sanders on the maturity of Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant who has 10 touchdown receptions in the last seven games
- “The New York Giants can’t protect Eli Manning, they have virtually no running game, and the defensive backs cannot cover.” – Deion Sanders on the New York Giants who have lost three of their last four games
- “The Houston Texans were exposed vs. New England and no one is scared of them anymore. Matt Schaub has no mobility. That is a problem.” – Deion Sanders on the Houston Texans who have lost two of their last three games and quarterback Matt Schaub’s inability to avoid the pass rush
- “Seattle is good enough to get the Super Bowl.” – Deion Sanders on the Seattle Seahawks who have scored a combined 150 points in their last three games, all victories
- “Leslie Frazier should get mentioned for NFL Coach of the Year.” – Deion Sanders on Minnesota Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier. The Vikings are 9-6
- “Mike Zimmer should get a head coaching job.” – Marshall Faulk on Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer. The Bengals are 9-6 and have clinched a playoff spot
- “Give the Brown family credit for keeping Marvin Lewis. They could have let him go two years ago.” – Marshall Faulk on Cincinnati Bengals owner Mike Brown and head coach Marvin Lewis. The Cincinnati Bengals went 4-12 in 2010
- “Reggie Bush won’t be in Miami next year.” – Deion Sanders on Miami Dolphins running back Reggie Bush who is in the final year of his contract
On NFL.com the following video clips from NFL GameDay Final are available for viewing:
49ers falling fast – Can the San Francisco 49ers rebound following their defeat to the Seattle Seahawks? The NFL GameDay Final analysts explain why the 49ers have hope and the Seahawks could reach the Super Bowl:
Will the Cowboys or Redskins win next week? – The Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins will play next week for the NFC East. Who wins? The NFL GameDay Final analysts discuss the matchup:
Who is the more dangerous team? – Would you rather avoid the Denver Broncos or New England Patriots in the playoffs? The NFL GameDay Final analysts debate which team would be tougher to face:
Week 16 GameDay Express – All aboard the GameDay Express as it travels throughout the NFL to recap all the action you might have missed in Week 16:
Sanders Claus is coming to town – Deion Sanders is celebrating the season of giving. Check out what happens as Sanders Claus comes in to town:
Fans can use NFL Game Rewind to replay any of the action from Week 16 online and on-demand. NFL Game Rewind delivers to fans in the United States every play of every 2012 NFL Regular Season game in HD and commercial-free, complete with DVR controls (after the game has aired on television). Additionally, NFL Game Rewind provides access to Coaches Film (including the All-22 & High EndZone camera angles), Condensed Games (full games edited to roughly 30 minutes), and archived games ranging from the 2009 season to present day. NFL Game Rewind is also available via the free to download tablet app which includes telestrator functionality for iPad users. Now fans can analyze plays by drawing over a still frame with the touch of a finger and then share their commentary with friends. For more information on NFL Game Rewind, visit NFL.com/GameRewind.
7:30 PM ET: NFL GameDay Highlights
Host: Chris Rose Analysts: Steve Mariucci and Deion Sanders
NFL GameDay Highlights offers a fast-paced recap of the afternoon games, providing highlights, post-game press conferences, player interviews and instant analysis leading up to the Sunday night primetime matchup.
11:30 PM ET: NFL GameDay Final
Host: Chris Rose Analysts: Marshall Faulk, Deion Sanders, and Michael Irvin
NFL GameDay Final is the definitive exclamation point on Sundays providing unlimited highlights of all the games, plus post-game press conferences, interviews from the field and locker room, audio captured throughout the day and expert analysis.
NFL Network broadcasts seven days a week, 24 hours a day on a year-round basis and is the only television network fully dedicated to the NFL and the sport of football. For fans on the go, all NFL Network programming is streamed live on NFL Mobile from Verizon. For more information, log on to www.nfl.com/nflnetwork. NFL.com is the exclusive internet home of NFL Network.