via press release:
CBS ANNOUNCES PARTICIPATING COMPANIES
FOR THE NEW REALITY COMPETITION SERIES “,”
TO PREMIERE FRIDAY, FEB. 8 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK
Palm Restaurant Group, Cosmopolitan, Major League Soccer, Epic Records, Zynga, Live Nation, Gilt and Viceroy Hotel Group Are Each Featured in Their Own Episode Searching For Their Next Outstanding Employee
The series premiere of the new reality competition series Friday, Feb. 8 (8:00–9:00 PM, ET/PT) with five candidates vying for an assistant manager position with the Palm Restaurant Group. The fine-dining steakhouse has been owned and operated by members of the Bozzi and Ganzi families for 87 years and has 25 locations across the continental United States, as well as international outposts in Mexico City and London.will debut
The second episode, airing Friday, Feb. 15 (8:00–9:00 PM, ET/PT), will feature five new candidates competing for an editorial assistant position with Cosmopolitan. The world’s largest women’s magazine with 18 million readers each month, Cosmo is the biggest-selling monthly magazine on U.S. newsstands and a leader in the digital, social media and tablet space.
The executives representing Palm Restaurant Group in the premiere will be Co-Chairman and Co-Owner Wally Ganzi, Executive Vice President Bruce Bozzi, Jr., and Palm Too General Manager Janice Sheil. The guest companies, who can also compete for the candidates, will be Westville, which serves eclectic American cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere at their four Manhattan locations; YB & Co. by Chef Julian Medina, which features six upscale Mexican and Pan-Latino restaurants in New York City; and Maison Privé Chefs, a boutique catering company serving New York City and the surrounding areas that unites chefs, farmers and seasonal menus.
Information on the candidates for the assistant manager position with The Palm:
- · Alex Carabano, 31, from Brooklyn, N.Y.: Vegan restaurant manager.
- · Anthony Hollinrake, 26, from Mounalua, Hawaii (currently living in Alta Loma, Calif.): Waiter.
- · Ryan Pickett, 32, from Rigby, Idaho (currently living in Boise, Idaho): Former restaurant manager, currently unemployed.
- · Maggie Nachman, 29, from Chicago, Ill. (currently living in New York, N.Y.): Unemployed.
- · Jann Robinson, 38, from Mountain Brook, Ala.: Mother of six, currently running a catering and lifestyle company.
For the second episode, the executives representing Cosmopolitan will be Editor-in-Chief Joanna Coles, Executive Editor Joyce Chang and Senior Editor Jessica Knoll. The guest companies will be Fashionista, one of the largest independent fashion news sites; ArchetypeMe, an innovative website that redefines the concept of “search” by filtering content and community based on who you are; and Who What Wear, a leading online fashion magazine providing access to the latest celebrity styles, runway trends and beauty secrets.
Information on the candidates for the editorial assistant position with Cosmopolitan:
- · Carlos Bell, 25, from Washington, D.C. (currently living in Harlem, N.Y.): Freelance stylist.
- · Brenda Clevenger, 50, from Kansas City, Mo.: Professional PR writer and blogger.
- · Rachele Trainor, 25, from Whitehall, Md. (currently living in Denver, Colo.): Unemployed.
- · Kristina Leng, 26, from Chicago, Ill.: Restaurant worker and freelance stylist.
- · Diandra Barnwell, 22, from Albuquerque, N.M. (currently living in Los Angeles, Calif.): Samples coordinator for an online retailer.
Hosted by Emmy Award nominee Lisa Ling, each episode ofwill feature five candidates participating in several rounds of elimination challenges before a panel of executives as they compete for their dream job. In addition to the episode’s featured company, representatives from three guest companies from related industries will have the opportunity to make an on-the-spot offer to one of the candidates who must decide if they will accept the offer or remain in the running for the highlighted job.
The featured companies for the additional episodes will be, in no particular order:
- · Major League Soccer: The top-flight professional soccer league in the United States, MLS was founded in 1996 after the country hosted the 1994 FIFA World Cup. is composed of 19 teams — 16 in the United States and three in Canada.
- · Epic Records: A premiere record label boasting a vast catalog comprised of some of the most important recordings in history as well as the home for the next generation of superstars.
- · Zynga: The world's leading provider of social game services with 311 million monthly active users playing its games, which include “FarmVille,” “FarmVille 2,” “Words With Friends” and “Draw Something.”
- · Live Nation: The world’s leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, Live Nation is comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Front Line Management Group and Live Nation Network.
- · Gilt: A leading online shopping destination with more than 7 million members, Gilt offers daily sales at noon ET for women, men, kids, home décor and local experiences. Founded in 2007, the company has pioneered the flash sale, granting members special access to a carefully curated selection of the best brands for up to 60% off.
- · Viceroy Hotel Group: Viceroy delivers one-of-a-kind luxury experiences that bring together provocative design and intuitive service in sought-after international locations such as Abu Dhabi, Beverly Hills, New York, Anguilla and Miami.
Air dates, guest companies and candidates for additional episodes will be included in subsequent releases.
is produced by Sony Pictures Television and Embassy Row. Emmy Award winners Michael Davies, Mark Burnett and Jay Bienstock are executive producers.