via press release:
Wednesday Primetime Results:
* From 8-8:30 p.m. ET, " Whitney " (1.4/4 in 18-49, 4.2 million viewers overall) matched its second-highest 18-49 rating so far this season.
* From 8:30-9 p.m. ET, " Guys With Kids " (1.3/4 in 18-49, 4.0 million viewers overall) retained 93 percent of its 18-49 lead-in from "Whitney" and retained 100 percent in adults 18-49 (1.0 rating each).
* At 9 p.m. ET, "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (2.1/5 in adults 18-49, 8.3 million viewers overall) finished within a tenth of a point of last week's season-high 18-49 rating (and equaled last week's 2.1 in these preliminary fast-affiliate ratings) to tie for the second-highest "SVU" rating of the season.
* In total viewers, "SVU" captured a season high and its biggest overall audience since January 11, 2012.
* Keep in mind that last season, " Law & Order: SVU " originals added an average of 47 percent to these next-day " live plus same day " ratings in 18-49 when Nielsen reported " live plus seven day " results.
* At 10 p.m. ET, " Chicago Fire " (2.2/6 in adults 18-49, 8.0 million viewers overall) matched its second-highest 18-49 rating ever and delivered its second biggest overall audience to date. Over the past two weeks, "Chicago Fire" has delivered its two biggest audiences ever and its two best ratings to date when airing with regular programming as its lead-in.
* "Chicago Fire" has now topped its premiere 1.9 rating three times, while no other new drama on ABC, CBS, NBC or Fox has topped its premiere rating even once this season.