Last night's season premiere of Shameless drew a series high of 2 million viewers at 9pm (up from last season's 1.58 million). Californication also set viewership highs at 10:30 with 1.07 million, up from last season's 758,000 at 10:30. At 10pm the season 2 premiere of House of Lies also set a viewing high with 1.19 million, up, though only slightly from its previous high set in its series premiere last year of 1.03 million.
Update: here's more info via Showtime:
HIGHEST RATED EPISODES EVER FOR SHAMELESS, HOUSE OF LIES AND CALIFORNICATION,
UP DOUBLE DIGITS VERSUS PRIOR SEASONS
Hot Off Don Cheadle’s Golden Globe Win, HOUSE OF LIES Tops Sunday Comedies
Last night, the network's Sunday night series returned with their highest-rated episodes ever, up double digits versus their series averages and besting their prior season premieres and season finales. Additionally, SHOWTIME won the most Golden Globes ever in the network’s history, marking the most series wins of any network, and in its freshman year HOUSE OF LIES' Don Cheadle won a Golden Globe for his lead role.
The third season premiere returned to its highest rated episode ever to-date.
- At 9 p.m. SHAMELESS delivered 2 million viewers, up 46 versus the series’ season two average (1.36 million).
- Up +37 percent vs. its season two finale (1.45 million – 4/1/12).
- Up +26 percent vs. its season 2 premiere (1.58 million).
- For the night, the series garnered 2.6 million viewers, up +36 percent vs. the season two night average (1.91 million).
- Up +26 percent versus the season two premiere night (2.06 million) and up +29 percent vs. season two finale night.
HOUSE OF LIES:
The second season of HOUSE OF LIES, starring Don Cheadle, Golden Globe winner for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Comedy, returned at 10 p.m. last night to its highest-rated episode yet.
- At 10 p.m., the series delivered 1.19 million viewers, up 43 percent versus its freshman season average (830K)
- Up 53 percent vs. its season one finale (775K – 4/1/12)
- Up +15 percent vs. season one premiere (1.03 million).
- For the night, HOUSE OF LIES cumed 1.54 million viewers, up 33 percent versus its freshman season night average (1.16 million).
- Up +41 percent vs. season one finale night (1.09 million).
The series continues to top itself six seasons in, delivering record ratings.
- At 10:30 p.m., the season six premiere attracted 1.07 million viewers, up a massive +48 percent versus its season five average (722K).
- Up 41 percent vs. its season five premiere (758K).
- Up +39 percent vs. its season five finale (768K – 4/1/12)
- For the night, the series delivered 1.3 million viewers, up +39 percent vs. its season five night average (931K)
- Up +31 percent vs. its season five finale night (984K)
- Up +26 percent versus season five premiere night (1.03 million).