via press release:
AN AMERICAN EVENT ON AMERICA’S NETWORK,
ABC NEWS ANNOUNCES COVERAGE FOR 2013 INAUGURATION
ABC News’ Coverage of President Barack Obama’s Inauguration on Monday, January 21
To Begin with “Good Morning America” at 7:00 a.m., ET / 4:00 a.m., PT
“ABC News Inauguration 2013,” Anchored by Diane Sawyer and George Stephanopoulos,
Begins at 9:30 a.m., ET / 6:30 a.m., PT
ABC News Digital to Provide Anchored Coverage Throughout the Day Across
Multiple Platforms, Including ABCNews.com, Yahoo! and YouTube
ABC News will provide extensive coverage of the second Presidential Inauguration of Barack Obama on the ABC Television Network, its digital platforms including ABCNews.com and ABC’s mobile apps, Yahoo!, and radio.
Coverage will begin on Sunday morning, January 20, with a special edition of “This Week with George Stephanopoulos,” in which Stephanopoulos and the powerhouse roundtable will examine the big issues confronting the President as he begins his second term. Minutes before noon on Sunday, Diane Sawyer and George Stephanopoulos will anchor a special report to the ABC Television Network on Sunday as the President is formally sworn in during a ceremony at the White House. On Sunday evening “ABC World News with David Muir” will originate from Capitol Hill.
On Monday, January 21, ABC’s live broadcast coverage will begin at 7:00 a.m., ET / 4:00 a.m., PT with “Good Morning America (Special Inaugural Edition),” co-anchored by George Stephanopoulos in Washington DC. Stephanopoulos will be joined in the nation’s capital by Josh Elliott. This will be followed from 9:00-9:30 a.m., ET / 6:00-6:30 a.m., PT by a “Special Edition of Good Morning America.”
From 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., ET / 6:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., PT, Diane Sawyer and George Stephanopoulos will anchor “ABC News Inauguration 2013,” special coverage of Barack Obama’s second Inauguration on the ABC Television Network from the Newseum on Pennsylvania Avenue. Coverage will include all events from the swearing-in ceremony and Obama’s Inaugural Address to the Inaugural Procession, as well as reaction from around the nation. In addition, Sawyer and Stephanopoulos will speak with former Secretary of State Colin Powell.
Sawyer and Stephanopoulos will be joined by a team of ABC News anchors, correspondents, and analysts including:
- Jonathan Karl, Martha Raddatz and David Muir reporting from Capitol Hill
- Barbara Walters
- Bill Weir reporting from the Washington Mall
- Josh Elliott, Deborah Roberts, Cecilia Vega and Reena Ninan reporting from the parade route
- Terry Moran
- Pierre Thomas reporting on the day’s security operations
- ABC News political contributors Matthew Dowd, George Will, Cokie Roberts, Donna Brazile and Nicolle Wallace providing insights and analysis
- Author of The Bridge: The Life and Rise of Barack Obama and editor of The New Yorker David Remnick
- Historians Mark Updegrove and Lonnie Bunch
Coverage will continue on Monday evening with a special edition of “ABC World News with Diane Sawyer” from the Newseum at 6:30 p.m., ET. A special edition of “” will provide the whole picture looking back on the events of the day and will take viewers inside the Inaugural Balls. “ ” airs at 12:35 a.m., ET.
ABC News Digital and Yahoo! News will jointly produce live-streamed coverage of the 2013 Presidential Inauguration for ABCNews.com, Yahoo!, Yahoo! News, GoodMorningAmerica.com, ABC News’ iPad & iPhone apps, ABC News affiliate websites, as well as for the ABC News YouTube channel. ABC News-Yahoo! News live-streamed coverage of the Second Inauguration of Barack Obama kicks off on Sunday, January 20 with a special report on the President’s official oath of office at 11:55 a.m., ET followed by continuous coverage on Monday, January 21 from 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., ET. Coverage will be anchored by ABC News’ Dan Harris along with Yahoo! News reporter Olivier Knox.
ABC News’ team of anchors and correspondents will contribute to special live stream coverage throughout the day including:
- “GMA” weekend anchor and business correspondent Bianna Golodryga in New York
- Digital correspondent Dan Kloeffler reporting from the National Mall
- Senior Washington editor Rick Klein in Washington, DC.
- Correspondent Reena Ninan talking to crowds along the parade route
Coverage will also include on-the-ground reporting and analysis from Yahoo! News’ Jeff Greenfield, Phoebe Connelly, Chris Moody and Walter Shapiro, along with a lineup of all-star guests, contributors and Washington insiders, including:
- Ben Smith, editor-in-chief for BuzzFeed
- Walter Schieb, former White House executive chef
- Kevin Caffee, senior editor for Washington Life
- Lori Bergamotto, fashion writer for Lucky Magazine
- Eric Draper, official photographer for George W. Bush
- Michael Waldman, former speechwriter for President Bill Clinton
Evening coverage will continue with a live feed from both Inaugural balls. ABC News and Yahoo! News will also stream a special post-Inaugural show, “After: The Second Inauguration of President Barack Obama,” on Tuesday, January 22 at 10:00 a.m., ET, anchored by ABC News’ Dan Kloeffler and Yahoo! News’ Phoebe Connelly.