via press note:
Featuring a first-ever visit by Jimmy Kimmel’s arch nemesis, Matt Damon, on Thursday (1/24/13), ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live ranked as the #1 program in late-night in both Households (2.92 rating) and Adults 18-49 (1.23 rating) in Nielsen’s 56 Metered Markets. Thursday’s telecast marked JKL’s best yet since moving to 11:35pm in HH and its 2nd-strongest in young adults.
- · In the key Adult 18-49 demo, JKL beat NBC’s Tonight Show by 62% (0.76) and CBS’ The Late Show by 120% (0.56).
- · In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, JKL ranked #1 in 9 of the Top 10 U.S. markets in Adults 18-49: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington DC, Atlanta and Houston.
Based on National ratings for the week of January 14, 2013, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live retained nearly all of its overall audience from the prior week (91%), despite airing a recap clips show on Friday.
- · ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live topped NBC’s The Tonight Show with Jay Leno for the 2nd week in a row in Adults 18-34 (+3%). In addition, the ABC late-night program beat the NBC program in Adults 18-49 on 2 of its 4 original telecasts during the week (Wednesday and Thursday).
- · For the 2nd straight week, ABC’s JKL beat CBS’ The Late Show with David Letterman in both Adults 18-49 (+6%) and Adults 18-34 (+17%). In fact, JKL led Letterman on each of its 4 original broadcasts of the week.
- · On Thursday (1/17/13), featuring guest appearances by Mark Wahlberg, Jennifer Lopez and “Science Bob” Pflugfelder, JKL delivered its most-watched regular telecast ever.