via press release:
UniMás BEATS TELEMUNDO BY DOUBLE DIGITS IN KEY DEMOS ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT WITH MEXICO VS. DENMARK MATCH
International Friendly Reaches 4.3 Million Soccer Fans on January 30, 2013
MIAMI – FEBRUARY 1, 2013 – Univision Deportes, the sports arm of Univision Communications Inc., the leading media company serving Hispanic America, today announced that its live coverage of the international friendly featuring the Mexican National Team against Denmark reached 4.3 million viewers who tuned in to all or part the broadcast on UniMás.
In a match that concluded with a 1-1 draw, the broadcast of Mexico vs. Denmark helped position UniMás as the No. 2 Spanish-language network for the entire night, behind its sister network Univision and surpassing Telemundo by +51% among Adults 18-49 and +45% among Adults 18-34. Airing live from the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona on Wednesday, January 30 from 10 p.m. to 12 a.m. ET, the Mexico vs. Denmark international friendly averaged 2.2 million Total Viewers 2+, 1.4 million Adults 18-49 and 723,000 Adults 18-34.
The match ranks as the top-rated sports telecast on UniMás in the current 2012/2013 season across all key demographic groups including Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49. Additionally, Mexico vs. Denmark ranks as the third highest-rated sports event across all Spanish-language television in the current season thus far among Adults 18-34, as well as the fourth-highest among Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49.
The match between Mexico and Denmark made UniMás the No. 1 broadcast station during the time period, regardless of language, beating the ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX stations in the following markets:
- Among Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles
- Among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Houston, Phoenix and Sacramento
- Among Men 18-49 in Los Angeles, Houston, Phoenix and Sacramento
- Among Men 18-34 in Los Angeles, Houston, , San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
Additionally, the international friendly made UniMás the No. 1 Spanish-language broadcast station during the time period in the following markets:
- Among Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
- Among Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
- Among Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Houston, Chicago, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
- Among Men 18-49 and Men 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Houston, , Chicago, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM, L+SD, Npower R&F report w/ 6 min qualifier; NSI (1/30/13), 10 p.m.-12 a.m. ET, live game across time zones. The Nielsen Company, NSI, Live+SD, (1/30/13), 10 p.m.-12 a.m. ET, live game across time zones.