via press release:
MTV, VH1, CMT AND LOGO TEAM UP FOR UNMATCHED COVERAGE OF 2013 GRAMMY® AWARDS WITH PROCTER & GAMBLE BEAUTY BRANDS: COVERGIRL, OLAY AND HERBAL ESSENCES SERVING AS THE EXCLUSIVE
New York, NY (February 7, 2013) – Following the success of Big and Best of 2012 live stream that celebrated the key moments of the year, Viacom announced today that it will further unify to produce comprehensive multiscreen coverage of major entertainment events aimed at connecting and contextualizing content, news coverage, and advertising opportunities across MTV, VH1, CMT and Logo.
MTV, VH1, CMT and Logo will team up for an unprecedented multiscreen coverage of the 2013 Grammy Awards, which will include Grammy-themed episodes of VH1’s Big Morning Buzz Live With Carrie Keagan, MTV’s AMTV, a red carpet live stream, news hits, and specials with talent from MTV’s Nikki and Sara LIVE, MTV’s House of Style and VH1’s Best Week Ever. Procter & Gamble Beauty Brands will serve as the official Grammy partner and will receive extensive branding through our Viacom Music and Logo Group’s Grammy coverage, as well as custom news spots on MTV.
In December, Viacom Music & Logo Group launched The Big & Best of 2012, an unprecedented, cross-network, eight hour digital livestream event that highlighted the music, personalities and pop culture moments that defined the past year. Building upon the success of that event, which landed 2 trending topics on Twitter and ranked internally as one of the most watched live streams ever, Viacom Music & Logo Group is now further unifying its brands to produce unmatched coverage of major entertainment events and extend opportunities for advertiser and sponsorship integrations. In the coming months, Viacom Music and Logo Group will cover additional entertainment events including the 2013 Academy Awards.
MTV News and VH1 News will collectively co-produce a live red carpet live stream. MTV News’ Sway Calloway and James Montgomery, along with VH1’s Big Morning Buzz Live’s Carrie Keagan and VH1’s Top 20 Countdown’s Jim Shearer will bring fans LIVE to the Grammy red carpet during “MTV and VH1 Grammy Night Live” streaming live on MTV.com, VH1.com, CMT.com, NewNowNext.com and Ustream, as well as on mobile and tablet devices via the MTV News app beginning 6pm ET. Additionally, Karlie Kloss, model and co-host of MTV’s House of Style will be providing exclusive fashion commentary live from the carpet. The coverage will expand to on-air with live break-ins on MTV throughout the two hours of coverage, plus a full takeover of MTV’s digital music station MTV Hits from 7:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET.
When the Grammys main show begins, the live stream will continue as MTV’s new late night hosts, comedians Nikki Glaser & Sara Schaefer will be joined by VH1’s Best Week Ever cast members, Amanda Seales and Nick Turner live from the MTV headquarters in New York City. The comedians will bring their hilarious input on the awards show during the Grammys commercial breaks and live tweet while the Grammys are airing. Everyone at home watching can participate in live polls on Facebook and Twitter as well as sending their own comments about what they’re seeing.
Leading up to and throughout Grammy weekend, MTV, VH1, CMT and Logo include countless news articles, on-air news hits, blog posts on Vh1 Tuner, VH1 blog, MTV Buzzworthy, and MTV Rapfix, online videos across our respective web pages and promoted via MTV and Vh1 social.
Grammy Week Coverage will include:
- 7am- 9am ET- MTV AMTV- Updates on Grammy news including performer and presenter announcements.
- Comprehensive Grammy news on all MTV, VH1, CMT and Logo sites- including MTV News, MTV Buzzworthy, MTV Hive, VH1 News, CMT News, and NewNowNext
Grammy Night, Sunday, February 10:
- “MTV and VH1 Grammy Night Live”- Grammy Red Carpet Livestream on MTV.com, VH1.com, CMT.com, LogoTV.com and Ustream.
- Live news hits every 30 minutes on MTV
- Live Grammy Red Carpet Coverage on MTV Hits
- MTV’s new late night hosts, comedians Nikki & Sara, along with Best Week Ever cast members, Amanda Seales and Nick Turner will be live from the MTV headquarters in New York City. The comedians will bring their hilarious input on the awards show during the Grammys commercial breaks and live tweet while the Grammys are airing
Monday, February 11
- Special Grammy themed episode of VH1’s “Big Morning Buzz Live With Carrie Keagan” featuring red carpet interviews from VH1 News - 10am ET
- Comprehensive Grammy coverage, news hit, and recaps on all MTV, VH1, CMT and Logo sites- including MTV News, MTV Buzzworthy, MTV Hive, VH1 News, CMT News, and NewNowNext