via press release:
USA NETWORK’S “
NEW SOCIAL ENGAGEMENT AND SUPERCHARGES ON-AIR RATINGS SLUMBER PARTY” RAISES THE BAR ON
First-Ever All-Night Social Event Increased Viewers across All Demos and Drove
Record-Breaking Numbers across Multiple Social Channels
USA Network’s socially-enabled Slumber Party was a big hit with its fans – from double-digit increases in ratings to new network records across multiple social channels including Facebook, Twitter, RebelMouse, GetGlue, Tout and Character Chatter. The party began on Friday, February 15 at midnight through Saturday, February 16 at 6amET, turning an original scripted program block into a real-time social event. The Slumber Party performed above the prior four-week time period average by +24% in P18-49, +25% in P25-54, +41% in P18-34 and +24% in total viewers. With 172K social media mentions on Saturday, delivered the best day ever in social media activity for any USA original and broke social records. This event successfully engaged -Os in anticipation of the show’s seventh season return on Wednesday, February 27 at 10/9c.
· Leading into the event, PSYCH fans voted more than 280,000 times for their favorite episodes to appear on-air during the slumber party.
· PSYCH was Saturday’s #1 entertainment show on TV for social media mentions, almost double the #2 show and +327% above the top show on broadcast.
· The PSYCH Slumber Party drove about 157,000 Twitter mentions reaching 22.4 million people in their True Reach metric, with 12 trending hashtags: 8 domestically and 4 globally.
· Use of #PsychSlumberParty was +1600% greater than show-related hashtags associated with the Season 6.5 finale.
· GetGlue saw +58,000 check-ins for the event – the largest ever for this timeframe (+37% vs. the Season 6.5 finale). In another first, the exclusive stickers were created by a fan.
· Tout had the biggest-ever fan participation for a scripted TV promotion with almost 1,000 uploads, seeing a surge in response to on-air billboards featuring videos from fans.
· PSYCH’S Character Chatter earned 122K page views and 6K uniques – outperforming any prior PSYCH premiere date in page views.