via press release:
“Sunday MLB on TBS” Steps to the Plate with Multiple Appearances by the New York Yankees, Los Angeles Dodgers and Boston Red Sox in April and May
Regular Season Coverage Leads Off Sunday, April 7, with ALCS Rematch – Yankees vs. Detroit Tigers “Sunday MLB on TBS” will return Sunday, April 7, at 1 p.m. ET, as the network begins its 26-game Major League Baseball regular season schedule with a rematch of the American League Championship Series when the Detroit Tigers and reigning AL MVP and Triple Crown winner Miguel Cabrera host the New York Yankees and four-time All-Star Robinson Cano.
Over the first two months of the season, the “Sunday MLB on TBS” schedule will feature multiple appearances by the Yankees (April 7, April 28 and May 26), Los Angeles Dodgers (April 21 and May 19) and Boston Red Sox (April 14 and May 12), as well as the Atlanta Braves (May 5 and May 19), Toronto Blue Jays (April 28 and May 12) and Tampa Bay Rays (April 14 and May 26). The network’s 2013 schedule includes matchups every Sunday afternoon throughout the regular season. Scheduling highlights include:
- April 21: An early season interleague matchup featuring the Dodgers and Adrian Gonzalez visiting one of the surprise teams of 2012, the Baltimore Orioles and Adam Jones, at 1:30 p.m.
- May 12: An American League East showdown featuring the Red Sox and offseason acquisition Shane Victorino hosting a revamped Blue Jays roster including high-profile acquisition Jose Reyes at 1:30 p.m.
- May 19: A National League matchup featuring the Braves and the re-united Upton brothers (B.J. and Justin) hosting the Dodgers and Hanley Ramirez at 1:30 p.m.
TBS will utilize a deep roster of commentators to call the early-season action including Ernie Johnson, a Sports Emmy®-winning host, and Brian Anderson on play-by-play and analysts Ron Darling, Dennis Eckersley, Cal Ripken, Jr., and John Smoltz.
2013 “Sunday MLB on TBS” Schedule
Date Time (ET) Game
- April 7 1 p.m. New York Yankees @ Detroit Tigers
- April 14 1:30 p.m. Tampa Bay Rays @ Boston Red Sox
- April 21 1:30 p.m. Los Angeles Dodgers @ Baltimore Orioles
- April 28 1 p.m. Toronto Blue Jays @ New York Yankees
- May 5 1:30 p.m. New York Mets @ Atlanta Braves
- May 12 1:30 p.m. Toronto Blue Jays @ Boston Red Sox
- May 19 1:30 p.m. Los Angeles Dodgers @ Atlanta Braves
- May 26 1:30 p.m. New York Yankees @ Tampa Bay Rays
* TBS telecasts are not seen in the local markets
The network will also exclusively televise the 2013 MLB All-Star Selection Show presented by Taco Bell on Sunday, June 30. In October, TBS will exclusively televise the American League and National League Wild Card games and will once again provide coverage of all four MLB Division Series and exclusive coverage of the National League Championship Series. The network will announce future games on its schedule coinciding with its selection windows.
TBS has broadcast MLB coverage for more than 30 years, televising the MLB Division Series and one League Championship Series since 2007, and was the home of Atlanta Braves coverage from 1977 to 2007.
TBS is basic cable's reigning champion among young adults in primetime. Available in 100 million households, TBS features original primetime comedy series like Cougar Town, Men at Work, Sullivan & Son, King of the Nerds, Who Gets the Last Laugh? and Deon Cole's Black Box, as well as the Emmy®-winning late-night series CONAN, starring Conan O’Brien. TBS also features an outstanding slate of contemporary comedies, such as The Big Bang Theory and Family Guy, along with blockbuster movies and championship sports. In addition, TBS produces special live comedy events, like the star-studded comedy festival held each year in Chicago.
About Turner Sports
Turner Sports, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., is an industry leader in televised and online sports programming, airing championship-level sporting events on TBS, TNT and truTV, and managing some of the most popular sports sites on the Internet. Turner Sports’ television lineup includes the NBA, Major League Baseball, the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship, NASCAR and professional golf. The company’s digital portfolio includes Bleacher Report, NCAA.com and March Madness Live, and PGA.com, as well as an accompanying collection of mobile websites and connected device apps. Turner Sports and the NBA also jointly manage NBA Digital, which includes NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA Mobile, the NBA Game Time App, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com.