via press release:
“Por ella soy eva” FINALE reaches 8.8 million viewers and MAKES Univision No. 1 network AMONG ADULTS 18-49 AND ADULTS 18-34
Novela Finale is No. 1 Program on Broadcast Television on Friday Night
“Por Ella Soy Eva” Made Univision Stations No. 1 Among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
MIAMI – MARCH 11, 2013 – The Univision Network, one of the top five networks in the U.S. regardless of language, announced today that the Friday, March 8 finale of the hit novela “Por Ella Soy Eva” (For Her, I’m Eva) positioned Univision as the No. 1 broadcast network, outperforming ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 during the two-hour airing and for the entire night. This marks the ninth consecutive Friday night that Univision ranks as the No. 1 broadcast network among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34. Season-to-date, the network continues to hold the No. 1 position on Friday night with both demographics.
Reaching 8.8 million viewers who tuned in to all or part of the two-hour broadcast, the finale of “Por Ella Soy Eva” was the highest-rated telecast in its full-run, delivering an average audience of 6.6 million Total Viewers 2+, 3.8 million Adults 18-49 and 1.9 million Adults 18-34. The final episode was also the No.1 program on broadcast television with Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 and finished within the Top 10 with more Total Viewers 2+ than the entire original line-up on NBC (“,” “ ” and “ with Brian Williams”), FOX (“ ” and ”), as well as first-run episodes of ABC’s “ ” and “ .”
On the night of March 8, Univision held a strong advantage over its closest competitor, ABC, with both Adults 18-49 (by a +56% margin or +1.2 million more viewers) and with Adults 18-34 (by two times or +104%, translating to +805,000 more viewers). In fact, it was the network’s highest-rated Friday night performance and second highest overall (behind the “Premio Lo Nuestro” Latin Music Awards broadcast on February 21, 2013) in the current 2012/2013 season among key demographics.
The finale of “Por Ella Soy Eva” currently ranks among the Top 10 primetime novela finales of all-time on Univision (since 1992) with Adults 18-49. It also ranks within the Top 5 across all 8 p.m. novela finales on Univision among this key demographic group.
On local Univision stations, “Por Ella Soy Eva” made Univision the No. 1 broadcast station in the time period (8 p.m. to 10 p.m. ET) among:
- Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas and Phoenix
- Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, San Francisco, Phoenix and Sacramento
Additionally, the novela finale ranked as the No. 1 broadcast program in primetime among:
- Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, Miami and Houston
- Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, San Francisco and Phoenix
- Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas and Phoenix
“Por Ella Soy Eva” on Univision stations had higher viewership, in the time period, than the ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX stations combined in the following markets:
- In Los Angeles and Houston among Adults 18-49 and Adults18-34
- In Miami among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34
- In Dallas and Phoenix among Adults 18-34
On social media platforms, according to Social Guide:
- “Por Ella Soy Eva” was the No. 2 broadcast show on social television during primetime on Friday delivering more activity than “ ” on ABC, “TMZ” on FOX, and “ ” on CBS
- #viendoeva and #porellasoyeva were among the Top 20 TV series hashtags that the night of March 8
- The Univision Twitter account was among the Top 20 handles mentioned the evening of March 8
- Jaime Camil, the main protagonist of “Por Ella Soy Eva” was among the Top 20 TV stars mentioned the night of March 8
According to Trendrr.tv, “Por Ella Soy Eva” ranked among the Top 5 broadcast shows on social television during primetime on Friday delivering more activity than “” on CBS and “ ” on FOX.
On interactive platforms, the “Por Ella Soy Eva” finale continues to be available on UVideos.com and has already generated nearly 15,000 video views and over 445,000 section page views, with fans still going to the site to relive the last episode and exclusive content from the novela. The finale of “Por Ella Soy Eva” has already driven more video engagement than each of the past two novela finales on the site.
Produced by Televisa’s Rosy Ocampo, “Por Ella Soy Eva” is the hilarious and endearing story of a diehard Casanova who falls for the woman whose heart he just broke – and finds a way to regain her love by assuming the persona of “Eva.” Fans can get complete coverage of “Por Ella Soy Eva” at NovelasySeries.com online and on mobile. The site features novela recaps, video interviews with the stars, character bios, photos, plus exclusive interactive content. Throughout the novela’s run, fans could participate in trivia, polls and discuss the latest drama on dedicated novela forums.