via press release:
The “” Season 3 Finale, ‘A dAngerous gAme,’ Becomes
1st Series in TV History to Amass Over 1 Million Total Airtime Tweets;
Tuesday’s #1 “Most Social” TV Series Each Week Throughout the Season
~ Finale Is Tuesday’s #1 TV Telecast for 11th Consecutive Week in Females 12-34 and Cable TV’s #1 Telecast in Women 18-34 and Women 18-49
~Wraps as ABC Family’s Most-Watched Original Series Installment Ever in 18-34s
~Surges by 1 Million Total Viewers Based on Full Week of Viewing and
Adds 1.3 Million Additional Views Via VOD and Online
“” (8:00-9:00 p.m.)
The Season 3 finale of ABC Family’s award-winning “” ranked as Tuesday’s #1 TV telecast for the 11th consecutive week in Females 12-34 (1.76 million/3.8 ), Teens 12-17 (909,000/3.8 rating – season high) and Female Teens (807,000/6.9 rating) – each week since its January 8 season premiere – and was also the #1 TV telecast in Viewers 12-34 (2.08 million/2.3 rating) and the #1 cable TV telecast in Women 18-34 (951,000/2.8 rating) and Women 18-49 (1.21 million/1.9 rating).
Impressively, the fiery season finale, which has The Liars seeing red as they attempt to put an end to the game in ‘A dAngerous gAme,’ became the #1 “most social” series episode on record during its airtime according to SocialGuide, and the first series episode to amass over 1 million Total airtime Tweets in TV history, accouting for one-third of all Twitter activity in the hour (1,099,815; 32.7 share). Including the hours leading up to and following, it generated close to 1.6 million tweets overall (-3/+3 window; 49.0 share).
Jenn Deering Davis, Co-Founder of Union Metrics said: "By cultivating an engaged social community that builds on the show's compelling content with all its unexpected twists and turns, ABC Family has created a can't-miss experience for ‘PLL’ fans, where viewers have to watch live - and tweet along - every week. It's particularly impressive how ‘’ has managed to not only maintain a high level of fan engagement on Twitter, but actually increase it season to season.”
- 2012/13 season to date, “Pretty Little Liars” stands as the #1 series across all TV in Female Teens and #2 TV drama in Females 12-34, behind only “ahead of all broadcast dramas. ,” and
- This season stood as “Pretty Little Liars’” most-watched season in the series’ history in Adults 18-34 (1.14 million/1.7 rating), Women 18-34 (963,000/2.8 rating) and Women 18-49 (1.24 million/1.9 rating), and in fact wrapped as ABC Family’s most-watched original series installment ever in core 18-34s.
- During its winter season, “Pretty Little Liars” easily ranked as the #1 TV program on Tuesday’s at 8 o’clock in Females 12-34, and the #1 cable program in the hour in Total Viewers, Adults 18-34, Women 18-34, Adults 18-49, Women 18-49 and Viewers 12-34.
- Based on available full-week DVR viewing numbers, “Pretty Little Liars” soars by more than
1 million Total Viewers (2.71 million to 3.81 million) and posts considerable double-digit increases across all target demos, including by 42% in Adults 18-34 (1.16 million to 1.65 million), by 42% in Adults 18-49 (1.50 million to 2.14 million) and by 41% in Viewers 12-34 (1.95 million to 2.75 million).
- Moreover, in addition to linear viewing, “Pretty Little Liars” adds more than 1.3 million total viewers per episode through VOD, ABCF.com, Hulu, the iOS app, and the Windows 8 app.
Source: NTI Live + Same Day, 3/19/13; “PLL 3B: 1/8/13-3/19/13. Social Media Sources: SocialGuide. DVR gains = L+7 vs. L+SD for available telecasts; 2012/13 to date: 10/1/12-3/17/13.