via press release:
ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live was in repeats during the week of March 11, 2013 (scoring its most-watched week of repeats ever). Below are highlights on the show’s performance through its first 10 weeks in its new 11:35pm time slot ahead of the regular press release.
- · On average through its first 10 weeks at 11:35pm, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live stands just 81,000 Adult 18-49 viewers from NBC’s The with Jay Leno. In fact, JKL has virtually eliminated its entire young adult gap with Leno since the move to 11:35 pm (-83%), as almost 500,000 Adult 18-49 viewers stood between the two late-night programs during the same 10 weeks last year.
- · Jimmy Kimmel Live outdelivers CBS’ The with David Letterman by 65,000 Adult 18-49 viewers (+7%).
- · Among Adults 18-34, ABC’s JKL beats NBC’s The by 5% and CBS’ The by 21%.
- · Drawing a much younger crowd in its new time slot, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live (36%) has a considerably higher concentration of Adults 18-49 in its audience than either CBS’ The (28%) or NBC’s (29%).
- · Ten weeks into its new 11:35pm time slot, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live is up over its performance through the same weeks last year by 42% in Adults 18-49 and by 41% in Adults 18-34, standing as the only late-night broadcast talk show to improve year over year in all 3 Nielsen measures.
- · JKL is improving the hour for ABC over the comparable 10 weeks in 2012 by 6% in Adults 18-49 and by 16% in Adults 18-34.