via press release:
Miami Heat Win Streak Scores Big Local TV Ratings for FOX Sports
Sun Sports, the Fox-owned regional sports network that is the local TV home to the Miami HEAT, has been scoring record ratings during the HEAT's historic 24-game win streak.
- 20 of the 24 games during the streak have been televised on Sun Sports.
- HEAT telecasts during the streak have averaged an impressive 8.9 HHin the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale DMA, up +32% over the team’s season-to-date ratings (6.72).
- Last night’s game vs. Cleveland scored an 11.73 HH rating and peaked at a whopping 18.48 as the HEAT finished off their comeback against the Cavaliers.
- Monday’s telecast of Celtics vs. HEAT delivered a 12.2 HH rating, which set a new all-time record (regular season or playoffs) on Sun Sports, beating the previous high-water mark of 11.13 set only a few days earlier on March 10 against the Pacers. Sun Sports’ 12.2 HH rating also more than doubled the rating of ESPN’s side-by-side telecast (5.3 HH rating).
- In five side-by-side HEAT telecasts with ESPN since Jan. 30, Sun Sports holds a decided advantage, having averaged a 7.3 HH rating compared to a 3.6 HH rating on ESPN.