via press release:
BIG PERFORMANCES ANNOUNCED FOR THE
“48TH ANNUAL ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS,”
TO BE BROADCAST LIVE, SUNDAY, APRIL 7 ON CBS
Los Angeles – Monday, April 1, 2013 – This morning, producers of the 48TH ANNUAL ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS participated in a press conference call to announce several exciting moments on this year’s show, to be broadcast live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas Sunday, April 7 (8:00-11:00 PM live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network. Participating in the call were R.A. Clark, Executive Producer and son of the late Dick Clark, Bob Romeo, CEO of the Academy of Country Music and Jack Sussman, Executive Vice President, CBS Specials and Live Programming.
Romeo announced this year’s ACM Lifting Lives Moment which will feature Jewel. She will perform a live mash-up of her chart-topping hit “Hands” combined with “Fill a Heart,” an original song written by singer/songwriter Tori Kelly.
Other call highlights include:
- Tim McGraw will perform “Highway Don’t Care” with Taylor Swift and Keith Urban.
- Hunter Hayes will world premiere his new single “I Want Crazy,” and then be joined later by legendary music icon Stevie Wonder.
- Kelly Clarkson will perform “Don’t Rush.”
- Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley and Hunter Hayes will perform together live from ACM Fan Jam.
- Country superstar Reba will introduce the George Strait and Garth Brooks performance. As previously announced, Strait and Brooks will perform together for the first time ever to pay tribute to Dick Clark. Each will perform a version of one of their classic hits and then join together for a very special moment.
For further details, a replay of the call is available. Please contact Andrea Ballas or Kim Izzo-Emmet at CBS for call-in information.