via press release:
April 04, 2013
‘TODAY’ TIES WITH GMA IN KEY DEMO RATING FOR QUARTER 1 & WEEK OF 3/25
For the Quarter, TODAY Closes the Demo Gap with GMA By Nearly Half (49%)
GMA Posts Its Lowest Demo Rating Since December 31, 2012
NEW YORK – April 4, 2013 – NBC's TODAY continues to post short term and long term growth in the key demo A25-54. TODAY tied with GMA in A25-54 for the first quarter of 2013 as well as the most recent week of March 25. For the quarter, TODAY posted a 1.7 demo rating (1.98 million) and for the week, TODAY posted a 1.5 demo rating (1.833 million). For the quarter, TODAY has narrowed the demo gap with GMA by 49% (49,000 viewers) versus the prior season-to-date average. GMA had its lowest A25-54 rating since the week of December 31, 2012.
- In rating A25-54, TODAY tied with GMA at 1.7 (1.98 million viewers), and topped CBS This Morning by +89% (+8 tenths).
- TODAY was #1 in rating Adults 25-54 during 10 of 13 weeks in 1Q’13 (includes 9 ties)
- TODAY averaged 4.715 million total viewers, -12% below Good Morning America, and +66% over CBS This Morning.
WEEK OF 3/25:
- TODAY tied GMA in rating Adults 25-54 for the second straight week, and trailed by just -4,000 A25-54 viewers, a virtual tie, narrowing the gap for the fourth consecutive week.
- TODAY had the narrowest A25-54 viewer gap with GMA since the week of January 28, 2013.
- GMA had its lowest A25-54 rating since the week of December 31, 2012.
- TODAY delivered 4.511 million total viewers -13% below Good Morning America, and +66% over CBS This Morning.
Don Nash is the executive producer of TODAY (Monday-Friday, 7-11 a.m.).