via press release:
STARZ ORIGINAL SERIES SET RECORD WEEKEND VIEWERSHIP AS THE PREMIERE OF “DA VINCI’S DEMONS” AND FINALE OF “SPARTACUS: WAR OF THE DAMNED” DELIVER 5 MILLION VIEWERS FOR THE WEEKEND
Both Series Delivered a Total of 3.2 Million Friday Night Viewers
STARZ welcomed its new STARZ Original Series “Da Vinci’s Demons” on Friday, April 12, the same day it bid a triumphant farewell to the “Spartacus” franchise with record viewership that night and across the weekend.
More than 3.2 Million viewers watched the airings of both “Spartacus: War of the Damned” finale and series premiere of “Da Vinci’s Demons.”**
Nearly 5 Million viewers (4.8 Million) watched Live+SD weekend airings of both “Da Vinci’s Demons and “Spartacus: War of the Damned” on STARZ – new records for STARZ Original series weekend performance.
“Da Vinci’s Demons” established a new all-time high for a STARZ Original series premiere:
- · More than 2.14 Million total viewers opening weekend, edging out series premiere of “Camelot” (2.09 Million)
- · 1.3 Million total viewers watched the combined Friday telecasts
- · 1.04 Million total viewers for its Friday 10 pm premiere telecast
“Spartacus: War of the Damned” finished off its series run on another high note:
- · Nearly 2.7 Million total weekend viewers
- · 2 Million total viewers for the combined Friday telecasts
- · 1.43 Million total viewers for its Friday night at 9PM premiere telecast
Other Spartacus viewership notes and benchmarks illustrating its remarkable performance:
- · The three past “Spartacus” installments have ultimately garnered multi-platform figures in excess of 6 million viewers per episode and growing
- · Spartacus doubled its audience since the weekend premiere of the first season -“Spartacus: Blood & Sand” (1.3 Million) to “Spartacus: War of the Damned” season finale weekend (2.7 Million)
- · All four installments of the “Spartacus” franchise – “Blood and Sand,” “ ,” “Vengeance,” and “War of the Damned” grew on an average viewership basis Live+SD from their respective season premieres to season finales
In the case of “Spartacus: War of the Damned:”
- · The April 12 at 9PM premiere telecast of the “War of the Damned” finale grew 53% (1.43 Million to 930,000) in comparison to the season premiere
- · The nearly 2.7 Million weekend viewers for the series finale beat the season average weekend viewership by 11% (2.4 Million) and beat premiere weekend by 5% (2.5 Million)
New episodes of “Da Vinci’s Demons” will move to Fridays at 9PM ET/PT exclusively on STARZ.
**Two airings of “Spartacus” finale at 9 pm and 11 pm on 4/12/13; two airings of “Da Vinci’s Demons” premiere at 10 pm and Midnight on 4/12/13
**Viewership for additional multiplex repeats, extended DVR, STARZ ON DEMAND, STARZ PLAY, and other online platforms are not included