via press release:
WEDNESDAY NIGHT’S BUFFALO SABRES-BOSTON BRUINS TELECAST IS FOURTH BEST-EVER FOR SINGLE REGULAR SEASON GAME ON NBC SPORTS NETWORK
Telecast Draws 847,000 Viewers; Peaks at 1.1 Million
NBC Sports Network is Highest-Rated Network in Boston and Buffalo During Sabres-Bruins Telecast
NEW YORK– April 18, 2013 – NBC Sports Network’s Wednesday Night Rivalry telecast featuring the Buffalo Sabres against the Boston Bruins resulted in record-setting regular-season viewership.
NBC Sports Network’s coverage of the Sabres dramatic 3-2 shootout victory against the Bruins on Wednesday night, drew 847,000 viewers and peaked at more than 1.1 million viewers.
• The telecast was the fourth most watched single regular-season game in NBC Sports Network history and was up 84% vs. NBC Sports Network’s 2011-12 exclusive time period average.
• NBC Sports Network was a top 10 cable network for the 7:30-10:15 p.m. ET time period among M18-49 (No. 7) and M25-54 (No. 8).
NBC Sports Network’s 13 Wednesday Night Rivalry NHL games have averaged 662,000 average viewers up 49% above NBC Sports Network’s 2011-12 Wednesday night exclusive game average.
• Through 49 games, the NHL on NBC Sports Network has drawn 415,000 average viewers, up 25% from last year’s full regular season average (332,000).
In Boston, Sabres-Bruins on NBC Sports Network received a 7.9 HH, which was the third highest-rated regular-season Bruins game ever on NBC Sports Network (behind Boston’s two games vs. Montreal this season 9.26 on 3/3/13 and 8.51 on 3/27/13).
• The game was up 77% from the Bruins’ 2011-12 regular season average on NBCSN in the market.
• NBC Sports Network was the No. 1 rated network overall in Boston during the 7:30-10:15 time period.
In Buffalo, Sabres-Bruins on NBC Sports Network received a 9.0 HH rating and was the No. 1 rated network overall during the 7:30-10:15 time period.