via press release:
TELEMUNDO MEDIA’S “EL SEÑOR DE LOS CIELOS” TAKES OFF ON PREMIERE WEEK, AVERAGING NEARLY 2.4 MILLION TOTAL VIEWERS
SECOND HIGHEST-RATED PREMIERE WEEK IN NETWORK’S HISTORY
The Network’s Original Novela Regularly Outperformed English-Language Networks Among Men 18 to 49 and Adults 18 to 34 Years Old Throughout the Week and Outperformed Univision on Friday Among Key Demos
MIAMI – April 22, 2013 - On the heels of the second highest-rated novela premiere in the network’s history, Telemundo Media’s original production “El Señor de los Cielos” (The Lord of the Skies, M-F 10pm ET) delivered the second highest-rated premiere week in the network’s history averaging 2,385,000 total viewers and 1,504,000 adults 18-49, according to Nielsen. A co-production between Telemundo Studios and Caracol TV featuring novela stars Rafael Amaya, Ximena Herrera, Fernanda Castillo and Gabriel Porras, "El Señor de los Cielos” delivered on premiere week a 37% share of total viewers and a 43% share of adults 18-49 among major Spanish-language broadcast networks in its time period. The original novela also fueled the network’s prime time performance to record levels, delivering its highest-rated Monday-Friday prime with regular programming among total viewers in the network’s history (1,817,000).
Below are some of the highlights for “El Señor de los Cielos” premiere week:
- “El Señor de los Cielos” premiere on Monday, April 15 averaged 2,346,000 total viewers and 1,437,000 adults 18-49, ranking as the network's second highest-rated premiere regardless of time period in NPM history.
- On Tuesday, April 16, “El Señor de los Cielos” was the #1 broadcast program regardless of language at 10pm among adults 18-34 (853,000), women 18-34 (477,000) and men 18-34 (376,000). In addition, the novela outperformed Univision as the #1 Spanish-language broadcast network among men 18-49 averaging 713,000.
- On Wednesday, April 17 “El Señor de los Cielos” ranked as the #1 broadcast program regardless of language at 10pm among men 18-49 (746,000) and men 18-34 (406,000). In addition, the novela outranked ABC and NBC among adults 18-49, and ABC, NBC, and CBS among adults 18-34.
- On Thursday, April 18 “El Señor de los Cielos” out delivered ABC at 10pm among adults 18-49; and ABC and CBS among adults 18-34.
- “El Señor de los Cielos” closed the week on Friday, April 19 with its best delivery since premiere among adults 18-49 (1,581,000), while outperforming Univision across key demos and ABC among adults 18-34. Friday’s performance of “El senor de los Cielos” led the network to deliver its best Friday prime time with regular programming in the network’s history.
“El Señor de los Cielos," Telemundo's most ambitious production to date, tells the story of Aurelio Casillas (Rafael Amaya), one of the most prominent Mexican drug lords from the 1990's, whose ambition was to become one of the richest and most powerful men in Mexico. From the moment his photo was published, his face became his biggest stumbling block. The authorities, as well as his enemies, began to pursue him and he opted for high-risk plastic surgery to conceal his identity. This action-filled story is full of raw passion and emotions, untold luxury, suffering, intrigue and suspense.
Source: Nielsen, NPM, Live+SD, 4/15/13-4/19/13. Share based on TEL A18-49 and P2+ impressions among sum of TEL+UNI+UMA in the 10-11pm hour.