NBC Dominates Monday With 'The Voice' #1 for the Night

Categories: Network TV Press Releases

Written By

April 23rd, 2013

the-voice-season-4-usher-shakira-blake-shelton-adam-levine-2013-600x450

via press release:

NBC is #1 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in 18-49 with an 86 percent margin over #2 (3.9 vs. 2.1 for ABC and Fox).
  • From 8-10:01 p.m. ET, "The Voice" (4.8 rating, 13 share in adults 18-49, 13.9 million viewers overall) delivered the #1 results of the night in 18-49 and total viewers.  "The Voice" finished within 8 percent of last week's 5.2, the show's highest rating in more than a year (since March 12, 2012), and was within 6 percent of last week's 5.1 in these prelim fast-affiliate ratings. In total viewers, "The Voice" is within 4 percent of last week's 14.4 million.
  • "The Voice" won last night's time period in every key ratings category among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox and beat the combined result of ABC and Fox, who tied for #2 among those network in the slot (4.8 vs. a combined 4.2).  From its first half-hour to its fourth, "The Voice" grew by 1.0 rating points or 24 percent in 18-49 (to a 5.1 from a 4.1).
  • "The Voice" matched the 18-49 rating of the fifth Monday telecast of the prior cycle (4.8 on October 8, 2012) and was up 26 percent versus the same night last year (3.8 on April 23, 2012).  In total viewers, the increases are 8 percent versus the prior cycle (13.867 million vs. 12.888 million) and 34 percent versus the same night last year (13.867 million vs. 10.314 million).
  • From 10:01-11 p.m. ET, "Revolution" (2.2/6 in adults 18-49, 6.2 million viewers overall) matched its prior two 18-49 ratings, despite being preempted for news coverage last week, and is currently up 3 percent in total viewers versus its previous episode (6.240 million vs. 6.066 million on April 15), pending updates.  "Revolution" is currently tied with "Castle" for the slot lead among ABC, CBS and NBC, matching the result the last time both shows were in original (2.2 each on April 1).
  • Revolution” is up 38 percent versus NBC’s average in the time period last season in 18-49 rating (2.2 vs. 1.6, L+SD non-sports) and up 22 percent in total viewers (6.240 million vs. 5.106 million).
  • Note that “Revolution” has established itself as a highly time-shifted show, with its prior telecast on April 8 growing by 46 percent going from its next-day "live plus same day" rating (2.23) to its "live plus seven day" rating (3.25).
 
© 2014 Tribune Digital Ventures