Telemundo Media Named First Official US Hispanic Partner for Zeebox
via press release:
TELEMUNDO MEDIA NAMED FIRST OFFICIAL
U.S. HISPANIC PARTNER FOR ZEEBOX
Enhanced Second Screen Experience with Expanded Social and Mobile Interaction Products Launching at “Billboard Latin Music Awards Presented By State Farm” on April 25
Also Featured in Upcoming “La Voz Kids” and “2013 Miss Universe Pageant”
MIAMI – April 24, 2013 – Telemundo Media and zeebox announced a partnership today encompassing the network’s largest second screen initiative to date, kicking off with the 2013 “Latin Billboard Awards Presented by State Farm” on Thursday, April 25, at 7pm ET/6pm CT.
Fans that download the zeebox app will have access to exclusive second-screen experiences starting with the red carpet and continuing throughout the entire broadcast. A unique image mosaic will present viewers with real time photos of their favorite celebrities as they walk the red carpet. Live zeetags within the show page will present users with music categories for finalists as they are being interviewed on TV and provide exclusive interviews from rehearsal week. Fans will also be able to get in on the action and play the Prediction Game to guess which artists will win minutes prior to seeing the actual winner announced on-air.
Zeebox and Telemundo are also taking viewers backstage and bringing them closer to talent with a live stream featuring artist interviews throughout the night and special graphics, including some of the lyrics of key performances which will be shared to their Twitter and Facebook profiles.
The zeebox app allows Telemundo to engage its fans more deeply around its programming with exclusive features like synchronized zeetags which link to more content about what’s on TV at that moment. These interactive features and more will be extended to future telecasts of popular series and specials on Telemundo, such as the “2013 Miss Universe Pageant” and the highly anticipated, new series “La Voz Kids.” A bilingual mobile marketing campaign will be kicking off to drive awareness and participation for these new products.
“As U.S. Hispanics lead the industry with their consumption of social and mobile media, this new multiplatform initiative with zeebox speaks to Telemundo’s desire to deliver more innovative content and new opportunities for our audiences to further deepen their engagement,” said Peter Blacker, Executive Vice President, Digital & Emerging Businesses, Telemundo Media. “zeebox’s experience and leadership in the second screen market make them the ideal partner to Telemundo studios’ programming and blockbuster television events.”
“Telemundo’s track record as both an innovator and leading producer of Spanish-language content is helping to greatly enhance the zeebox experience with the US Hispanic market,” said Jason Forbes, Managing Director, zeebox USA. “It’s exciting to partner with a company that’s so in-tune with the needs of Hispanic audiences, has incredible access to today’s hottest talent and is fully harnessing zeebox to make their TV experiences even better.”
New Telemundo viewing experiences to be launched on zeebox this year include:
- The Prediction Game- Viewers can watch the show, predict winners and gain fame amongst other users by racking up points on the leaderboard
- Exclusive Live stream Show within the Show- A backstage interactive program hosted by Telemundo stars
- Telemundo Talent Co-Viewing Experience- Users can experience program reactions and interaction with their favorite Telemundo talent and share the experience with their friends
- El Pulso- Real time ranking of competitors and talent allows audience to see who is trending and challenges them to drive their favorites to the top
- El Mosiaco- A live, shareable backstage photo stream featuring celebrity Twitpics
· Synchronized zeetags- Taking the viewing experience to the next level by linking what’s happening live on the television screen to zeetags featuring more in-depth information and background on what’s happening