‘Office’ Jumps 28% to its Top Rating Since November & ‘Community’ Matches a Nine-week High

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

community-season-4-finale-jeff-evil-annie-joel-mchale-alison-brie-nbc

via press release:

  • At 8 p.m. ET, “Community” (1.3/5 in 18-49, 3.1 million viewers overall) delivered week-to-week gains for a second week in a row in 18-49 rating and total viewers, with gains versus the prior week of 8 percent in 18-49 rating (with a 1.3 rating vs. a 1.2) and 18 percent in total viewers (3.141 million vs. 2.670 million), and versus two weeks ago of 30 percent in 18-49 (1.3 vs. 1.0) and 35 percent in total viewers (3.141 million vs. 2.327 million).
  • “Community” (1.3/5 at 8) matched its highest rating in nine weeks (since March 7) and, pending updates, is reporting its top total-viewer result since that same date.
  • in a highly competitive time period versus CBS’s “Big Bang Theory,” Fox’s “American Idol” and ABC’s “Wipeout” season premiere, “Community” tied “Idol” for #2 among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-34 (1.6 rating each from 8-8:30) and topped “Idol” in men 18-34 (1.4 vs. 1.1).
  • At 8:30, an encore telecast of “The Office” (1.1/3 in 18-49, 2.4 million viewers overall) improved versus results for another rebroadcast in this slot two weeks ago by 22 percent in 18-49 rating (to a 1.1 from a 0.9) and 30 percent in total viewers (2.399 million vs. 1.842 million).
  • From 9-10:01 p.m. ET, an hour-long edition of “The Office” (2.3/6 in 18-49, 4.4 million viewers overall) jumped 28 percent week to week in 18-49 rating (to a 2.3 from  1.8 last week from 8:30-9:31) and grew by 26 percent in total viewers (4.408 million vs. 3.510 million).  In the time period, “The Office” ranked #1 among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in men 18-34, tied for #1 in men 18-49 and finished #2 in adults 18-34 and men 25-54.
  • This is the top “Office” in 18-49 rating since November 8, 2012 (2.4) and the total-viewer result is the biggest for “The Office” since January 31.
  • At 10:01 p.m. ET, “Hannibal” (1.1/3 in 18-49, 2.7 million viewers overall) is currently matching last week’s 1.1 in official nationals and is up 9 percent vs. last week’s 1.0 in these preliminary fast-affiliate ratings.  In total viewers, “Hannibal” is currently at a three-week high, up versus last week by 2 percent (2.659 million vs. 2.608 million) and up versus two weeks ago by 11 percent (2.659 million vs. 2.396 million).
  • “Hannibal” (1.1/3) is matching its top 18-49 rating in three weeks (since April 18).
  • “Hannibal” is a highly time-shifted series, with last week’s telecast growing by 76 percent going from these next-day “live plus same day” ratings (1.06) to “live plus three day” results (1.87).
blog comments powered by Disqus